Life According to Him
Favorite color is Orange
Best Friends are Kyler and Isaac
Favorite thing to do is play and read books
Favorite thing to eat is Hot Dogs
Maggie is now two months! Crazy how fast the time goes! She is such a joy and I am completely smitten with her. At her two month appointment she weighed 11 lbs and 12 ozs.
She has also already had two ear infections. One of them she still has so she is on her second antibiotic. Dr. Ching thinks that if it isn't gone by next week she'll tube that one ear. Despite it all she is still a trooper and gives the biggest grins!
Park Day #5- Red Mountain Park. We liked this one but not our favorite
Though Kyler did get to ride Lilly's pink bike and wear her pink bike helmet.
Then the 2nd was my 27th birthday. I'm not going to tell you how much I wiegh or how tall I am. After a wonderful breakfast and treasure hunt to find my gifts, we went to the Freedom Festival that our city has every year. We love it! So the kids had a grand time with the candy cannon, 
Napping in the shade,
having messy faces from snow cones,
having fun on the blow up rides,
the barrel train,

I got to ride it for Maggie's sake and because it was my birthday.
Then for the fourth of July we went to the balloon launch in Provo as usual. Sadly no pictures because- Eldon, Isaac, and I got lost so we spent the whole time trying to find each other. And then a gust of wind came and blew all the balloons down. So they didn't even go in the air! Sad but still fun. And this is the only picture I got with our camera- Kyler coning my father into giving him a ride back to the car.
Since we were in Provo, we went and visited my grandparents. This picture makes me happy to see my family on the steps of my Grandpa and Grandma Brady's house just like my family used to sit out there. We were waiting for my grandparents to realize that we were out there- they lock everything up and had the music so loud they couldn't hear us at the door.
We got a four generation picture with my mother, hers, Maggie and me.
I don't ever remember my grandpa being such a tender man. I knew he loved us but we didn't hug that often. It was so wonderful to see him smile, hug, and laugh with my children. He made sure he told me how well I was raising them and what a good job I was doing- I left teary eyed, it meant so much to hear him say those things.
Then we walked down to my Grandma and Grandpa Porter's house- so nice that they live a block away from each other! And yes my Grandpa is wearing Maggie's bow on his head, he couldn't wait to hold that little girl!
It was so fun to see my children with them and watch them together.
As we left their house I hugged them goodbye and looked back at my grandpa who had tears in his eyes as he watched us leave- once again I was sniffling. I love family! I love having them around! And wish that we could be closer so that we could have more of these moments. To watch my Grandma Porter who is quickly loosing it to walk hand in hand with Isaac, or to see my Grandma Brady who is so frail to hold a little baby in her arms so naturally. To watch my Grandpa Brady sit on the couch with all three of my boys, or my Grandpa Porter sing a song to my baby girl that he used to sing to me. It made me so grateful for the temple and for eternal families. It was a beautiful moment of love and memories. There is a good chance that could have been the last time I see one of my Grandmothers- how grateful I am to have had them so long.
We spent the rest of the day seeing Cars II, swimming outside in the pool at my parents house, then driving up to our house for homemade ice cream and the miraclous fireworks, that didn't dissapoint! Those pictures are one another camera so when I get those I'll supply them for memory sake!
2 comments:
What a fun summer you're having:) All the kids look so great! Especially that beautiful baby girl!!! Love you lady:)
What great memories! Thanks for blogging...I had a really crappy day, and needed something to pick me up. I decided to read your blog. It helped. Thanks. :)
Post a Comment