This is Travis.
It is because of him that we have this story. On Sunday Travis was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting. Therefore his wife, we will call her Jenni, had the two boys by herself. Not a problem she thought. As she sat down where she would be sitting during the meeting she realized in horror that she had left both binkie and bottle at home! Fear was replaced by determination as the meeting began. Half way through the meeting the youngest of their children began to cry. Jenni calmly took the hand of the two year old and with baby in arm went out into the ha
ll. Immediately baby stopped crying and the two year old rushed to the drinking fountian. It was then that Jenni noticed her two year old doing a very familiar dance. So she started to walk down the hall in the direction of the bathroom. Half way there she announced her intentions. This resulted in a "No Potty Mama!" and the two year old turned around and walked the other way. Jenni having read parenting books did not chase after him but instead started counting . . . her son barely glanced at her as he walked through the door back into the chapel. Jenni was appalled! She walked swiftly (for you do not run in the church) to the door and watched her two year old walking up the aisle and waving at everyone he wa
s passing. She was hissing "Get back here . . .One, two, three". Two year old just looked back and flashed a smile and went to where they had been sitting. Jenni thinking that this must mean that he is going to sit down, followed him to their seats. On seeing his mother approaching, two year old kept walking to the aisle on the other side and then proceeding walking out the other door. Jenni sat down trying to think what the parenting books would recommend to do. On upon looking up to the stand to make eye contact with her other half, noticed that he and his second counselor trying hard not to laugh. So Jenni thought "When two year old doesn't see me following him, he'll come back." Well minutes passed and he did not return. She cautiously look
ed behind her to find everyone looking at her and shrugging their shoulders. So she again stood up with baby in arm and went out the door. A man sitting out on a chair just silently pointed to up stairs. So Jenni went up the stairs and cornered the two year old in a classroom. It is best that we leave the story here but know that after which the two year old kept his arms folded and obeyed his mother.
17 comments:
HA HA HA I think Everyone with kids have gone through this! Don't you just LOVE kids! Oh they are wonderful arn't they! :) keep your head up and smile! IT only gets better with each child!! :)
No, no! You can't end the story there! How in the world did you get him to fold his arms and mind his mama? There's some of us out there who still haven't learned this great secret.
Very funny story. 2 year olds can be so much fun.
Got to love 2 year olds! Alli just laughs and laughs lately when I rasie my voice or do any attempt of disciplining. Then says, "Mommy I cute!" or something else that I have to do my hardest not to laugh and ruin the whole discipline effect.
Oh my gosh! I love you! That is a great story... does make me a little nervous that I'm having a second in 21 days, but hey... life is full of adventure!!! I miss you!!
What a great "story" What would you do in a situation like that? Oh 2.5 year olds, aren't they a joy? I too want to know how you got him to sit quietly with his arms folded the rest of church, please to share you're secret!
You are so awesome. We just let Tanner go...he get's lost, stuck outside, etc, etck, etc.
Seriously though, you would think that SOME PEOPLE would STOP or GRAB a fleeing 2-year old whose mother is obviously flustered at the situation.
I commend the way you handled the situation! WAY TO GO MAMA HOGMAN!
You're so funny Jenni. I wish I'd realized sooner that while parenting books have good suggestions, there is no one way to do things.
You are a cute mommy!
I guess this is one of those situations that says, "Welcome to the terrible twos!" Oh man, what a story. You seem to be such a patient mom... way to go!
I LOVED this! So how did you get him to fold his arms and obey...still haven't figured that one out and would love to learn that secret soon as Hallie is the one who smiles so sweetly, says "Nooooo" and walks away from me at church. gotta love it!
FAbulous story. Made me laugh. They really know how to push the limits don't they!
so funny! i can picture the whole thing. you are always so good at telling stories!
Sounds like quite the adventure you guys had!! :) You're such a cute mommy!!!
Hey Jenni, love the story. We are still planning on hanging with you guys on the 22nd. One problem though, we don't know your new phone numbers. E-mail me your new numbers at rstephandadam@yahoo.com. If you don't e-mail me I will just assume that you think you are to good for us, and decided to ditch us. Your choice!!
Jen that is funny. I'm sure at the time it wasn't so funny! Oh what I have to look forward to...
Hi Jenni! So good to hear from you. I can't believe you have two kids. They are adorable. Love the story. How I remember those days. I had 4 kids, ages 8 down to 1, when Wade got called to the bishopric. Sacrament meeting was soooo hard. Sometimes I wondered why I even went because I often had no idea what was said. Much easier now but oddly enough I miss those days. Thanks for keeping in touch. Merry Christmas!
-Dayna
Love the story,
counselor?, is Travis a bishop?
-Laura Rhien
wow I am obviously late in viewing this. It was hilarious! One of my boys wandered away from me after church was over and we looked everywhere. We finaly found him in the other wards sacrament meeting up on the stand. It was quite humilating to walk up there and get him.
Post a Comment