So when Travis and I got married we were unpacking and we came across a blank canvas. Well he wasn't an artist and I thought it was so random that he would have one. We decided then and there that we would let our children paint on it. It then evolved into that when each of our children turn 18 months we would let them paint a masterpiece. So today we let Eldon paint his and I couldn't help comparing how the two turned out so differently. Kyler and Eldon are like night and day and these paintings just go to show it!
Kyler didn't hardly even touch the paint brush and was more interested in using his hands to paint.
And though his hands got very messy he made sure that he was very neat with how he applied it to the canvas. Kyler's painting is a lot of dots and thumb prints.
Eldon on the other hand wanted to use only the paint brush until the very end.
He hardly got his hands messy but loved mixing colors on the canvas. His painting involved long strokes.
It is just so interesting to see how differently they turned out. I can't wait to see what Isaac's will look like next year!
8 comments:
That is a cute tradition. I love that idea. art can be very definitive of who we are.... or at least have an interesting way of showing something inside of us, that would otherwise not be easily seen.
Thanks for the post.
That's a really fun idea:) I'll have to let my nieces do that!
That is so cool!!!
I let my boys do that (at the same time, though) just this summer. I only gave them the colors I wanted them to use :) and now they hang in their bedroom.
I thought it was interesting that Tanner would paint in 'sections', while Taylor painted in long strokes.
All I can say when I look at pictures of your boys is...CHEEKS! Holy moly they have got to be the most adorable boys ever! And I love the painting idea. You will cherish those forever.
Cute! I love that idea!
What an awesome idea to have your boys do that!
What a great idea! That is so cute! I think Eldon is SO SO SO CUTE! I really really think he should marry Pais!
what a fun idea!
Post a Comment