Monday, February 15, 2010

Life in the Hogman Lane

Valentines Day was great! I love that holiday. I've tried to incorporate the Hogman tradition of doing a really big breakfast and that is when we get our Valentine's Day surprises. Travis' surprise was a ticket to Vancouver, WA (home for him) for a weekend in April. And the boys I made them capes!! Nothing says I love you like making them super heroes! So I just thought I'd update you on the going's on of the Hogman Household. To spice up our day on Friday I put the boys in their swimming suits and put towels all over the floor. Then I let them splash and play like they were at the pool. We then read water books and watched a Backyardigan show "Into the Deep". I think we are going to have a tradition of Themed Fridays, would love to hear your ideas!
To give a look at what each of us are doing we will start with Kyler. Kyler will be four next month! Isn't that crazy! He is in Sunbeams and he loves it. You know how there is usually that one naughty sunbeam . . . well that is Kyler. He has spit on a girl, pinched another girl, yells the songs at the top of his lungs, and enjoys telling the girls that he doesn't like them. It's hard to be the only boy for the majority of the time but still it's no excuse and I come home on Sunday mortified by the actions of my once sweet innocent boy. Despite it all I love him to pieces and he still is a stud muffin.
Eldon is 20 months and I love this age. He is starting to talk a lot and of course his favorite word is "no." Which has to be said three times and his finger has to be used to punctuate each time he says it. His other favorite word is "alright". He is still very much attached to his binkie but we have narrowed the use down to nap and bed time. He is no longer as ornery as he once was now he is just moody, with frequent mood swings of joy and anger. He keeps me on my toes and I love to kiss those big chipmunk cheeks!
Four and a half months later we still have no idea who Isaac looks like! He loves to smile and laugh. He's a great sleeper and we pretty much have him on a great schedule now. He is such a good little guy. *Please ignore me, and the funny face I'm making, in the background.* He eats all the time- in fact nine ounce bottles no longer do the trick and so he eats a good 12 ounces with each formula feeding. The other boys can't get enough of him and despite the fear that Eldon causes him, he rewards their frightening efforts with smiles . . . which only encourage them to get closer and louder. He is great! And we are so happy that he is in our family.
Travis is enjoying White Mountain Lumber. He has been incredibly busy with them lately, but then again they are starting up a new store, so it is to be expected. He is still the Young Men's President and truly loves the Young Men in our ward, all three of them . . .just kidding there are more . . . somewhere. He is probably going to have to go to St. George this weekend for our Eviction Hearing- cross your fingers that the judge will realize that our tenants are at fault and we will get them out of our house and pay for the many months they have lived in our house with out paying. I got him a trip home for Valetines Day and he is excited to go and see his family Easter Weekend. I'll miss him but this is a great chance for him to be home for a holiday and conference.
And then there is me. I'm not going to lie . . . three children has really been tough. But we are working through it. I'm trying to figure out how to juggle it all and make sure that everyone gets their time, fed, bathed, clothed, hugged, and so on. Sometimes the laundry mounts, the dishes pile, the dust accumulates, and I can be seen in the fetal position rocking back and forth. Yet I am trying. And as Anne of Green Gables said "Every day is a new day with no mistakes in it." Thank goodness!

14 comments:

Alli said...

you are truly adorable. Sounds like everyone is growing and doing great.. Even you cutie pie!! what a good mother you are!! 3 kids are alot of work.. but I thinkthe rewards are wonderful don't you? 3 kids just tests you for the other "two" that kyler says you will have! :)

Deanna said...

You are awesome. :) I LOVE the capes, the THEMED Fridays, and the shiner of Kyler's forehead. :) Tanner is also the only boy in his class, and they could be BEST of friends in primary. Tanner does all the same things. LOL!

Alicia Bunderson said...

Jen, you are just so dang cute. and you are a fantastic mother! what a Great post.

The Maughan-sters said...

Thanks for your post! I have the same feelings and I only have 2!!! I hardly ever feel like im keeping up! But I love them all and thats what keeps me going! miss you guys!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Those are some cute boys you have!! Sounds like they are keeping you busy, and on your toes!! Love it!!

My life in a blog said...

What a great update! I was excited to read every bit! I can't wait to see your ideas for themed Fridays, sometimes it makes life easier to have a plan! :) But then sometimes the plans don't turn out how we planned... ;)
I'm sure nervous for 3 kids, hopefully it will be a few more years before we take that venture, but I'm glad you're enjoying the most important things!

And thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm really very happy that Isaac sleeps so well (and a tad bit jealous!)

Jami Berry said...

Your kids are so cute! I admire that you get anything done. I've just got one and I already find the laundry piling up and things not getting done.

Bluemel's said...

if a mother as spectacular as you has insecurites about being a spectacular mother...what am i gonna do??!! I love your guts. I am so sad we will never live together again. My week brightens up the day we talk. And I can't tell you how many times it's been you to pull me through the toughest times!! I love your kids too. And Travis is ok i guess :)

The Stone's said...

I love that you made them capes! What a great idea! And I will pray for your tenants to be truthful! That's the pits! I love you! Can we please play soon?

Laura said...

I just love your blog. We'll be praying for you with the court thing, although, i just realized, I didn't check the date of when you posted that, so I might be too late!

You are amazing, by the way, I hope I am as good a mom as you are someday. I like your theme idea for fridays. Maybe I'll try that.

miss ya,
laura

Ashley Wray said...

I never saw this post, but you make me laugh! You amaze me at all that you do with 3 little ones. Love the theme filled Fridays, might have to incorporate that until summer gets here!
Glad things are going well, good luck with your eviction hearing thing!

jed-laura said...

Well put, about the load of laundry! In fact, I could use some cheering on, so that I buckle down and do it!

Janice said...

Your family is adorable. Every time I read posts I laugh because my two boys are very similar to yours. My oldest son loves to run from his primary class even though he says he likes it.
Keep up the great work.

Wardles said...

Oh you have such a great family! Loved reading the update!