I feel as if this last year has been such a learning experience for me. I feel as if I am learning more about myself. Three children completely threw me for a loop and daily I feel as if I'm struggling just to make it through. But within just the last few days I've tried to do a lot of searching and turn my life to center it on Christ and that makes all the difference. In the mean time a few other things have happened to me that I'd like to share with you:
I got a job that is only an hour and a half Monday thru Thrusday and I get to bring my kids with me. I help teach a preschool at our local Rec Center. It is a blast and I love it!! I had a hard time at first sending Eldon and Isaac to the day care there but Travis keeps reminding me that it will make them "well-rounded" and it is only for an hour and a half for heavens sake! Still I worry that they will grow up hating me because I put them away in a day care instead of spending every waking moment with them . . . I guess time will tell.
Another thing that has happened is that I am in a show! The other stake is doing a Broadway Review next month and opened up the auditions for our stake too. So I am in that show! And it's so much fun! There aren't very many people from my stake in it so it is a great opportunity to met new people and do something that I love, sing!
And I also got an additional calling, I'm the assistant girls camp leader! Yahoo I get to hang out with some girls for a change.
It feels as if my life has taken a complete change. Mostly I have to get dressed every day instead of staying in my P.J.'s until right before Travis gets home from work, I have times when I get to get out by myself without having to take three trips to my car to get children out, I spend time everyday making lesson plans, I wake up earlier, my house is messier, and I'm loving it! I hope that you don't read this and think that I am completely neglecting my children. But I'll tell you how it is great to have some things that are completely my own. I almost feel as if I have found myself again.
I went to Stake Conference this last week and heard two great quotes I'd love to share with you other mom's out there "Be the CEO of your home." Don't you love that? I wont expound upon it and I'll let you take that as you will. Then the other one I loved, loved, loved was "There isn't one way to be a perfect mom but there are a million ways to be a great one!" I loved that one a lot!
SO there you have it . Jenni Hogman is still trying to figure out her life! But I feel happy. I love being a mom, I love being a wife, and I am learning to love being me.
18 comments:
Jenni, I just wanted to let you know that I think you are absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Travis and the boys are so lucky to have you as their wife/Mom and I am so lucky to be able to call you my friend! Thanks for being such a wonderful example to me.
I think you are a totally awesome Mom and I hope I can be as cool as you one day!! Congrats on the job, calling and the show :) Sounds fun!
Thanks for sharing those thoughts, I love the CEO idea. How fun that you are having things that are "Jenni time." I think that is so important to have an out as a mom and still do things that you love! So way to go! I think you are great and loving keeping in contact through blogs!
Jenni, I love you! Thank you for helping me not feel so guilty about taking some "me" time. You are such a great example to me. :)
Jenni! sounds like you are getting "ME" time. and that is EXACTLY what helps you get through motherhood!! You are a wonderful person, wonderful mother and a wonderul wife!! Thank you for sharing your quotes!! LOVE THEM! love you cous!
i think alot of mom's just need to have something all their own and it helps them realize that they are humans too, not just playing one on tv:) good for you on finding yourself because it really does make all the difference in your family when you get a break and time to regroup. i enjoy learning new insights on YOU!
Your boys are so adorable it isn't even funny! I LOVE their cheeks.
You are an amazing mom and an amazing person. Don't feel guilty for taking time for yourself. You will actually be a better mom and wife because of it. We all need our little breaks here and there....it keeps us sane and much better to be around when we are home. Have a blast with the show and don't stress the preschool thing. An hour and 1/2 won't damage your boys. They need it as much as you!
Loved the post, you are awesome!! Way to go Jenny!!
Jenni, you are amazing, thank you for all of your great posts, and I LOVE you boys, they are such studs.
Jenni, you are sooo funny and insightful and I miss your laughter! I really needed to hear your post...(hear I meant read) today esp. It made me reflect on myself and waht I could be doing to help better myself. Another anology I love is the one where when the plane is going down you have to put on your air mask first so to help others, same in life, you need to fill your tank in order to help everyone else. Thanks!!!
Congrats on the awesome job!!! ANd all the other cool things going on. :)
Jenni you are so amazing. I'm happy that you get to have some "you" time. It is so needed, and you deserve it. You are a great mother. if anyone can do it, you can for sure. continue to do what you love! that is so great.
Well said Jenni! you are timeless and amazing as always. I am going to have another baby in one week (March 20 c-section). Although I did not birth all 3 of my kiddos, I am feeling the pressure of having 3. She isn't even here and it is a huge adjustment. Thanks for sharing you insight--it was desperately needed by me!
I love the pics! (Although I don't love that you were in Provo and didn't come visit. Hello, Monte Bean is like 5 minutos from my home!) ;) Thanks also for the insights. You can't draw water from an empty well, it looks like you are filling your well so that you have more to give your kids! Brava!
Glad to see you had a good time with your parents. As for the figuring out life I think thats a continual process.
As far as what others think of you as a mom, don't worry about it. The Lord sent those children to you for a reason. Which means no one else can walk in your shoes or judge you as a mother. It's between you and the Lord.
Jen, you're pretty awesome. I'm surprised you have made it to three kids before feeling that way. I only have one and am feeling the pressure. Keep it up!
I love this post! Perfect thing for me to hear today! You're amazing, and I'm glad you're finding joy in your journey! And I could never think you're neglecting your children! I think you're doing great! Love you!
Post a Comment