Saturday, February 6, 2010

Talking to a Three- Almost Four year old!

Kyler and I had the following conversation:

K: Mom you're going to have a baby tomorrow!

Me: Tomorrow?? I think it is going to be a long time before we have another baby, Kyler!

K: Oh yeah, right! A long time before you're going to have a baby. I think baby's are soooo cute. And I want a girl baby this time.

Me: I think babies are cute too. And I would like to have a girl baby to. Don't get me wrong Kyler I love all my boys, but it would be fun to have a girl too.

K: Oh yeah you've got lots of boys. But Mom! You're going to have five kids!

Me: Five huh? So (I take his hand a point to three fingers) I've got a Kyler, an Eldon, and an Isaac, what are the other two going to be.

K: Well this one (he points to the next finger) is going to be a girl and then this pinkie is going to be another boy. That's the idea.

So there you have it folks. There is the "idea".

11 comments:

Vudochki said...

Cute story! I love the "ideas" that kids come up with!

Jessica said...

you've got to keep that "idea" and see if there's any truth to it! Kids are a little closer to heaven than we are =)

Lynsie said...

Oh that made me smile! I'm pretty sure your next will be a girl. Wouldn't that be awesome if you had a girl then another boy?

Alli said...

sounds like he has a plan for you!! My kids keep telling me there is more up there.. I am not to sure if I want to find out! ha ha.. Your boys are truly adorable.. and you never know ... that beautiful girl will come down and be spoiled with those boys... :)keep trying.. ;) ;)

Erin Darrington said...

:) I dunno, kids seem to have a 6th sense with this sort of thing... :) very cute

The Harding Hive said...

You never know! He may be right on! And that swimming picture is absolutley adorable! It looks like it should be on the front of a magazine or something.

Anonymous said...

I love how they so easily create their own reality. It's fabulous. What a cutie. :)

The Stone's said...

I'm bettin' money that he's right! He's a smart kid. And if you have a girl next I think he wants to name it Shayla. That's the idea.

Wardles said...

Wow! Haven't checked up on you for awhile now. Your boys are getting so big!! I think Kyler has a good idea. You need atleast one girl! =)

Jami Berry said...

Cute story! I tell my husband that kids know better than we do, so I can't wait for Emma to start talking so she can clue me in on when we'll have a boy.

Familia Morales said...

Ha ha! He sure knows what he wants! It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. ;)