I know that I've been MIA in blogging lately. But we've found life busy with . . . well life! So sorry!! Though probably not many people have noticed! For family and friends that are far from us we wanted you to see our fabulous Halloween adventures! And though we have no posted pictures of our trunk or treat, Kinder Kamp parties, Preschool Party, or Down Town Trick or Treating . . . we did do all those things. But here is short recap of the highlights:
We went to Gardners Village in Utah. One of our favorite Halloween traditions. As we arrived at my parents house, Travis talked them into cutting down a part of their tree- something he's tried to do for years! But low and behold this year they listened!!! So up went Travis and down came giant limbs.


Isaac didn't like the noise but still wanted to be apart of the festivities. So he so adorably snuggled up to his Grandma.

After the major tree surgery we ate some dinner and then headed out to Gardner's Village. It, of course, didn't disappoint!

An attempt at a family photo . . .almost successful!

And of course no Halloween is complete without the carving! But before we could we had to have our pumpkins thaw out!

Isaac's first real experience with the whole thing. He was not afraid to get his hands dirty!

We only carved two of our pumpkins. The boys were able to decorate their own with some face pieces. Isaac couldn't decide how he wanted it so it kept changing.

Eldon's was my favorite!

Kyler so proud!

Let the carving begin!!! Isaac had to taste everything!

Kyler getting to actually help out in the carving. It's so fun having him old enough to truly participate!

Eldon not wanting to be out done.

Final products: Mine, Eldon, and Kyler's.

Papa's and Isaac's.

And then there was the costumes! This year they were the 3 chipmunks!

Theodore- Favorite candy: Suckers

Simon- Favorite Candy: Anything he can reach at the time

Alvin- Favorite Candy: The one in his mouth at any given time.

Since Halloween and the Halloween sales at Wal Mart our house has not been the same. We are constantly bombarded with army men,

astronauts,

Batman (so Eldon claims his outfit is),

and a whole bunch of crazy super heroes and their cow!

It has been such a fun season and we are gearing up for the upcoming festivities of Thanksgiving and the much anticipated Christmas!!! Our boys are a joy. They drive me crazy some days and some times I just want ten seconds to myself, but then something stirs inside me. And I recall the blessings it is to have them and then I want to hug them tighter, play with them more often, and relish in the fact that they must always be in the same room with me. As most of us do I took some time the other day to truly evaluate myself and myself as a mother. Because of this we are implementing some new strategies and striving to once again find a balance of priorities.
We are so grateful for friends old and new. For family far and near. We feel so very blessed for the people in our lives that have impacted us for the better. Please know that you are one of those! Thank you for being our friends and our family. We miss you and wish that circumstances could make it so that we could see you more often or even at all! But despite the distance please know that you have made us better people by your example and your friendship. And if you have a blog of your own that you update please know that I have commented on it but for some reason it wouldn't post it!!!
Just wanted you to know that we love you!
8 comments:
I LOVE their chipmunk costumes!!! Such a clever and creative and cute idea!!!
I love reading about your adventures :) You have the coolest family EVER!
Sounds like you are having fun and staying busy. the Chipmunk costumes are so cute, love them!!
So fun!!!
The 3 chipmunks are the CUTEST! Love the fun things you get to do with boys!
I really think the family picture is completely perfect!! Every personality was captured :) And what a sweet picture of your mom with Isaac...love it!!
Very cool pumpkins! You have a great blog. COME SEE US next time you are in Utah! We would LOVE to see you.
I miss Gardener Village! I absolutely LOVE the costumes...too dang cute!
Post a Comment