Friday, June 10, 2011

A Not-So-Depressing Post!

So after my last post I thought I'd better hurry and post something a little more uplifting. Also I just want to thank all the comments that were made. They were so kind and I seriously got teary with each one! It meant a lot so thank you . . . and I do realize how many wonderful people are in my life. It was such a woe-is-me moment. So the pity party is over and here is an update of my family! First off Little Girl! Is 6 weeks now. Weighing in at almost 11 pounds. 21 1/2 inches tall. Ear infections almost gone. Fussy time in the evenings before bed. But slept last night from 10-6 . . . I know champion right!The boys love her a whole heap . . . I little too much at times.Has to be one of my all time favorite pictures- Isaac thrilled and Maggie horrified. Here is what we did on Memorial Day Weekend. . . we went on a drive up to Woodruff Narrows and spent the afternoon throwing rocks, crawdad hunting, and making a camp fire. Kyler kept saying that we were playing camping. So glad we didn't really go camping seeing that it snowed so much!
Kyler graduated from Preschool. Here he is with his teachers!Kyler looking handsome in his cap and gown.Kyler and his best friend Gunnar.Maggie has been enjoying some time on her tummy. Though she doesn't stay there for very long. Isaac trying on Maggie's bath towel. It makes us think of the song "Flower gleam and glow!" from Tangled. This weekend we were able to go to James' baby blessing. He and Maggie are almost exactly a month apart. Maggie is wearing the dress that I was blessed in and James is wearing the outfit that my brother Stephen was dressed in. Kind of special.Kyler has started T-Ball. He has a lot of heart! It is so fun to see him on the field though I didn't realize how small he was in comparison to other kids his age! Anyways they take turns on the field and this is when Kyler's turn was to sit it out. He was so funny, cheering on his team and yelling for them to tag people out. So fun. He was always prepared with his mitt up. He'd even tag the runners with his mitt as they ran past . . . wether he had the ball or not.Travis' store is selling flowers now, so we bought a few to beautify our front area. It was so fun to plant flowers! I loved it! And of course we've loved the weather lately!And for those of you who don't know we are doing an experiment this summer. Every Friday we visit a different park in our city to find out which one is our favorite. This was Park #1- Overthrust Park. As you can see it was still chilly when we went but still had a great time. Park #2 we went to today- Hamblin Park. Thank goodness for the sun! It was also a wonderful time though less time was spent playing on the actual equipment.
Mostly they just wanted Alli to give them rides.Or eat crackers while they waited for Alli to give them a ride.Hope your summers are off to a great start too.- you know minus family services and pity parties.
P.S. Family Services did come and visit us the other day. All is well and they were very nice and friendly. I'm just glad they came in the afternoon and not in the morning when Eldon decided to have a morning jog without anything on his lower half.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

You're joking about family services coming, Right????

I hope you gave them your blog address so they can 'judge' your parenting based on ALL your experience; not that all your experiences are on your blog, but they don't even KNOW you, for crying out loud! and least this would give them a glimpse into your every day, not just that one mishap!!! Sheesh! :) Glad they were nice, though. :)

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

Jenni your family is just adorable! I am so sorry to hear about the events of the past few days but everyone knows you are the best mom out there. One day I hope to be just like you. :)

Andrea said...

Looks like the weather is cooperating. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy it. Love the flowers.

Alicia Bunderson said...

ok I'm still laughing about your "p.s" at the end of this post....HiLaRiOuS

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

Haha! That last bit has me giggling! ;) I love all the photos...especially the ones with Isaac and Maggie, and the towel. So cute!

The Stone's said...

I want to squish baby sisters cheeks! (I know her name is Maggie, we just refer to all girls as baby sisters:)) She is so sweet and I can't believe how big your kids are getting and I almost didn't recognize Travis with that beard! Trev is EXTREMELY envious! I also want to let you know that I read your last post, and I hope you know how much I love you and how there have been so many instances like that with me as I'm sure every mom! You are amazing and you're doing an amazing job! As far as everyone else... they can sit on a pin! I wish I was closer so I could run right over and hug your guts out, because I love you! Don't let anyone convince you that you're not a giant spirit with giant potential. And know that I love you! Really I do. A lot!