
and Darth Vader
But don't worry that is just Isaac
and some Storm Troopers who like to hang out with Power Rangers
Or don't judge that the carrots that we worked so hard growing actually turned into snowman noses instead of tasty meals.
Kyler made his first ever snowman by himself.
Or don't judge me that I already put my baby girl in sponge rollers on sunday morning and to add to her discomfort I let Isaac play her songs on the flute.
And don't judge that I really love this girl!
Or that I worked this last week on getting a Christmas advent calendar done for my family (these beauties along with Eldon's creations at the bottom, are going to go on our Christmas tree. Each envelope has a different Christmas thing to do like; make the house smell like Christmas, dance to Christmas songs, call Grandparents up and sing Christmas Carols- you know all the fun things you've read on Pinterest but this is our spin on the creation)
Don't judge that we painted rocks that we got from an unexpecting river bed . . . or that I made my child go with me to the said river bed in cold weather to find them.
Kyler made his first ever snowman by himself.
Or don't judge me that I already put my baby girl in sponge rollers on sunday morning and to add to her discomfort I let Isaac play her songs on the flute.
And don't judge that I really love this girl!
Or that I worked this last week on getting a Christmas advent calendar done for my family (these beauties along with Eldon's creations at the bottom, are going to go on our Christmas tree. Each envelope has a different Christmas thing to do like; make the house smell like Christmas, dance to Christmas songs, call Grandparents up and sing Christmas Carols- you know all the fun things you've read on Pinterest but this is our spin on the creation)
Don't judge that we painted rocks that we got from an unexpecting river bed . . . or that I made my child go with me to the said river bed in cold weather to find them.
or that Eldon got involved and
it got messy
or that I made this thinking it would be so fun for all the things that we are thankful for
Or for the grand finale!!! Don't judge me that I have a hard time figuring out how to be the best mom for my kids. I am not good at being spontaneous. Also I have a three year old that is seriously the hardest kid for me ever! I can't seem to figure him out, how he works, or what the best way to go about raising him. This question has been asked in prayer, with husband, and at the temple. Finally last Sunday I looked at a friends blog that is home schooling her kids. It all hit me then that I really need to take the time to teach my children. So I read a few more blogs, searched the halls of Pinterest, and decided to come up with something that would best benefit my children. Now this might not be the answer but it is what we are going to be trying the next few weeks.
I've found the best time of day for our activities is after nap and before we pick up Kyler. So every Monday and Wednesday is going to be used for Workbooks. Tuesday and Thursday are for smaller fun activities. Like lacing cards that we are going to be doing this Thursday. Fridays are going to be saved for bigger activities. This Friday we are sorting buttons!!!!! They go in their coordinating day drawer so they are all ready for the day. Sunday is the day that I am going to put all the stuff in for the week so we are ready.
Shape goes on the side so that they can see what day it is and what drawer we are going to be playing in later.
There you have it. So don't judge us!!!
it got messy
or that I made this thinking it would be so fun for all the things that we are thankful for
7 comments:
I'm pretty sure you are the coolest mom EVER! Scott and I were just talking the other day about how we want to be cool parents like Jenni when we grow up :)
Again... SO CLEVER! And what a great idea to buy costumes after so they can play in them. I'm totally stealing this when Sophie gets older.
Wow! Love what you've been doing with your kids. I think I need to step up my mom game now. Way to go Jenni, you're kids are lucky to have you!
you are so funny!! If by "don't judge me", you really meant don't envy or admire too much or "don't think less of yourself because i'm so awesome" then I could agree with this post. Because you. are. awesome. I absolutely echo what you said about wondering if you are doing all that you can for your kids, and wanting to be everything they deserve. You shouldn't worry. because the fact of the matter is, they have YOU. And you are incredible. I love you more than you know!!
So cool... Awesome ideas. I love that every time we seek for inspiration, like how to best parent each of our children, it comes! And isn't it interesting how each of them are different in little ways, and sometimes big ways. My girls are best friends and play together so well, but they respond very differently to discipline. It's tricky sometimes. Anyway- you are such a cool mom. I need to be more hands-on like you. Thanks for sharing your ideas. and thanks for commenting on my blog. what a fun suprise to get a little hello from you :)
I heart your Jen! And randomly, I dreamed about you last night, and although it had nothing to do with this post, it was funny. Anyway, I'm so glad you shared all these ideas. It makes me tired to read them because I'm still figuring out life with 3 kids, and you have four! And are you sure you weren't talking about MY three-year-old in this post? Because it sounded familiar. The one thing I have learned through all this craziness is that the more time I spend focusing on my kids, the happier we all are! Keep it up! I can't wait to paint some rocks and get started on my Christmas advent!! Thanks for the motivation! ;) Love you!
yeah! I'm glad you found something that seems to fit your family. The hardest part is over..finding the right system and right ideas...after that you can just have fun with everything! And we buy costumes after season too, except I haven't done it the last 2 years and the kids are squeezing into too small cheetah suits and tutus ;)
Post a Comment