Our Halloween celebrations started on Friday when we were able to watch my little nephew James. He and Maggie are one month apart and it is so fun to have them together. He was a trooper! He went with me to my outdoor work party with my other crazies. And he of course enjoyed some much needed down time with his uncle.

On Saturday we did our traditional making of donuts which turned out fantastic . . .but no pics. Then Sunday we got down to business. It was pumpkin carvin' time!


I love having older kids who want to scoop out the pumpkin guts!

And little kids that still hate it

And mom's who do it though some times it still grosses her out (and no not pregnant still just look it)
Then the team carving began. Mom, Eldon, and Isaac on one team:

Papa, Kyler, and Maggie on the other.

Isaac with his two pumpkins.

Eldon with his

Kyler with his masterpieces

All the gang with all of them and yes this is the best pic we could get- Kyler cross eyed, Maggie worried, Eldon with tongue out, and Isaac on the verge of tears.

Carved pumpkins lit and looking fantastic!

Halloween started with me getting called to work in the Nursery at the Rec Center. Not wanting real constumes ruined I told the boys to go down stairs and pick out something from the dress-up box. Eldon is a Pirate-Fireman-Superhero-who is brilliant. And Isaac is a Super Fireman.
Maggie's impromptu costume- Minnie Mouse which ended up being sooo adorable!

Soooo. . . Kyler dropped off at school at 9:00. Rec Center at 9:30-11:30.

11:30-12:00 MacDonalds lunch out of necessity but very happily recieved by the littles. 12:00-1:00 nap. 1:00-2:00 dress littles and get pics taken. Charlie Brown:

His dog Snoopy

Snoopy's best friend Woodstock: (you can't see it but she has feather sewn under her arms and on her bottom):
My attempt at a Peanut Gang picture . . .not successful

2:00-3:40- Go to Kyler's school and help with Halloween Party and see school Parade. He was a knight (which I was so happy with! At first he wanted to be Bumblebee from transformers. We looked at a bazillion costumes and this is what he really wanted to be.)

Kyler's class . .. yes that girl is a peacock isn't that fantastic?

3:40-5:00- Down town trick or treating.
5:00-5:30- Making and eating dinner as quick as we could.
5:30-7:00- Ward Trunk or Treat and playing at Playground. Attempt to get all the kids together in a picture . . . also not successful.

7:00-9:00- Candy review and watching Casper. Busy but memorable Halloween!

Note to future self: When you hear about the idea that on Halloween let your kids eat as much candy as they want, don't try to implement it in your home. Just remember back on 2011 when you witnessed a 2 year old boy completely on a sugar high. Hilarious yes . . .but let's not put any of us through that again.
6 comments:
aww the snoopy costumes look so cute! I never did actually see them ON Halloween even with all that path-crossing.
Your kids are so cute. I give up on trying to get awesome group shots of my kids, too. It's just impossible. Maybe when they're older, right? On the bright side, it does show their personalities more.
PS: You don't look preggo at all anymore, but you do look just like your mom. At least your profile does.
adorable. Maggie is so dang cute! that is such a lie about you looking pregnant, I wish I looked like you! you are amazing, and I think its cute that both Maggie and Lucy were Minnie for Halloween and both have a crocheted hat with Minnie ears!
I love you!! I'm so glad you had such a fabulous Halloween. Because you.are. Fabulous. And such an incredible mother!!
Hi Jenni! Yes, I'm guilty of not checking blogs recently either. My email is jckay84@yahoo.com
Ok seriously I LOVE the Charlie Brown costumes! You are so clever lady:) And how DARLING is Maggie!!! I want to scoop her up and kiss those cheeks!
Miss you lady:)
Post a Comment