Thursday, October 27, 2011

October Thus Far

Of course October means General Conference! Which we love! So we made our tent:went shopping and picked out our snacks:And settled down for a good two days of inspiration . . . clearly Isaac felt that sunglasses were a necessary part of the experience.Maggie and Travis took a needed nap- I think it was during the Father and Daughter talk . . .literally.We tried to tame Maggie's mullet by putting it in it's first pony tail ever . . . I thought she looked like Ikabod Crane, Travis thought she looked like a drug dealer.And we've spent the rest of the month reading:sleeping





harvestingreading some moreand having accidents with mustard and applesauce. It was at this point of the month that our camera died. Sad day. Really sad day. So we got no pictures of the children-




-picking out pumpkins at Grandma and Grandpa Porter's house

-Going to see the witches at Gardner Village

-playing outside in the fall weather

-trying on costumes



And you know those moments that your heart takes a picture and you think "I am never going to forget this moment because it is so dear to me." Well I feel as if I have those moments a lot but I don't remember them. Heck I hardly remember were I put my keys five minutes earlier. But the other day Eldon and Isaac and I had an impromptu picnic outside. And the moment I want to remember is running into the kitchen and coming back out and seeing my two boys sitting next to each other in the beautiful fall surroundings eating their peanut butter sandwhiches as happy as can be. It was a picturesque moment and it made my heart smile so big!!
Hopefully we'll get Travis' camera good and charged so that we can document the next few fun days that will be filled with crazy Halloween celebrations. Because I am sure that you want to see our Charlie Brown themed costumes + a black knight . . . Kyler didn't want to be part of the theme this year- sigh I guess he's growing up.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sophie has a major mullet too! That's why I have her in headbands most of the time:)
What a fun October so far! Can't wait to see halloween pics!
Love ya:)

Jewls said...

I love your conference tent! I may have to steal that idea! :)

Cute, cute kiddos!

The Stone's said...

Your kids are so cute! Draper has a mullet too. Actually so does Paislee and she's almost 3. I should maybe do something about that. I love you! And miss you!