Monday, June 1, 2009

Bear River Fest . . . and a Little Note from our Sponsors

This weekend was the Evanston Bear River Fest. So after Travis got home from work we got ready to go. The sun was shining and we were ready for a good time.
Kyler ready to go!
Eldon ready to go!

When we got there we got in line for the kayaks. Of course right after we got our life jackets on it started to thunder and lightning so all the boats had to come in. So we didn't get our ride but we did look great in our life jackets!!
As we walked around looking at the booths Eldon enjoyed the scenery from the stroller.
The boys looking at the water under the under pass.
Eldon enjoyed looking at it from . . . the stroller.
Travis . . . looking odd after looking at the water. We had looked so forward to going but after we ventured out the weather didn't keep. And it was soon raining. So we didn't stay long but it was still nice to get out and be together.
Now I'd like to take a moment to just share some of my thoughts . . .you really don't have to read it but there are some things that I would like to get off my chest. First of all this is me:
23 weeks so only 17 weeks left. Wow 17 weeks! That doesn't seem like a long time but then again it seems like forever! I've really "popped" in the last few weeks. Makes me nervous about how much bigger I'm going to get!!
Now I've had a good dose of humility these last few weeks. After finding out that we were having a boy I was a little disappointed at first. I've come to be really excited for our new little man and feel a little guilty for my first feelings of sadness. To make me even feel worse I found out just recently that one of my friends from BYU-Idaho is pregnant and due in October. She just found out that she is having a girl but it looks like there is fluid around her brain and is going to be special needs baby. Here I was feeling sad about a boy when he is healthy and everything was going as it should? Wow, I got the message and my heart was softened.
Then I was talking to my sister-in-law on Tuesday. We were talking about her hubby that has been diagnosed with cancer and the struggles that they are facing. Once again, I felt humbled because we all have our health.
Later on Tuesday we found out that Travis lost his job. The store is closing this Evanston location . . .wow, got the message I needed to be sufficently humbled! I've come to realize in these last few weeks how valuable family is and the power of eternal marriage. I am so grateful for my boys, all four of them! And that we have our health! We have each other! And no matter what these next few weeks of uncertainity bring we will always be together. We don't know yet what we are going to do as far as work goes, thankfully he has until June 30th before the store's doors are locked. We are very excited for this chance to live even more simply and to see how much stronger our family will become.

15 comments:

Andrea :) said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys! I hope everything works out well for you.

Erin Dooley said...

I really do feel for you Jenni. I've been where you are right now. It's crazy what we all have to go through in this life that we don't understand. All I can tell you is there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My husband was unemployed for about a year and we are just now trying to catch up with everything and get used to his new career. Although it was a hard year and we are still trying to get where we need to be...we are getting there. It helped us grow so much together as a family. At the time you almost think that you can only handle so many blows but then when you look back...it's all worth it. I'm on the other end of the spectrum with all girls. I always wanted a boy but have come to the realization as you have that having them healthy is all I can really ask for. I feel so blessed that I have been so lucky. I hope this isn't too much information. I just really think that you are a wonderful person and mother and I don't even really know you:) I feel like I do through blogging though and I know Travis picked a good one. Wish you guys lived closer so I could get to know you better.

Deanna said...

WOW! You are my hero! We will keep you in our prayers.

We may find ourselves in a similar situation. (Ryan quit his job about a year ago to get his masters and I got a great job, but the University of Idaho is cutting lots of positions, even teaching positions, so I'll find out in July if I have a job...Faith. It boils down to Faith and obedience. By that I mean that if we have Faith in GOD (not in whether or not we'll have a job or whatever) that He'll take care of us...and by being obedient, we can recieve blessings we thought would never come our way...)

Love you guys!

Alli said...

oh Jenni, Your family is adorable. I am so sorry to hear of the job. I have been in your situation more then you know! It's amazing what trials we all have to over come. You guys are a strong family and I know you will make it through! I hope and wish you the best of luck in the job search and that Everything works out wonderfully! you are in our thoughts and prayers..

You look so cute! Man, You are so tiny girl!! I feel like a beached whale.. oh wait, I LOOK LIKE ONE TOO! ugh.. :)

maynardmoments said...

Jenni,
Don't feel bad for feeling bad. If it makes you feel any better, I have a friend here that cried for three days straight when she found out she was having her 4th boy. Now she has had him, and is as happy as can be.
We will be praying for Travis and for your precious family. Things will work out, you are good people. I am sure there is a wonderful job here in Colorado Springs just calling his name. ;)

Megan said...

That's a big bummer... Don't worry - sometimes the Lord works in mysterious ways and you'll soon find yourself in a better place than you imagined you would be in! We're thinking of you!

Jessica said...

You'll be the best mom for 3 boys...it takes a special kind of woman ;) Good luck with the next step of uncertainty with your family, now we're thinking of you and praying for ya!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Look at you and your cute little volleyball belly! So fun :) I'm sorry to hear about Travis' job, that is so nerve racking. We will keep you in our prayers! I don't think there is anything wrong with being disappointed in not getting a girl, I would feel the same way! You are a such an awesome mom and I know Heavenly Father is saving such amazing little spirits to learn from you!

Cammi said...

oh jenni! you are truly a wonderful person and i love reading your blog about how spiritual you are. i am so sorry to hear about your hubby's job. my heart aches for you and i am crying right now! this world is become more and more awful. you will pull through it, the lord will only give you what you can handle.

we love you!

Alicia Bunderson said...

Jenni you are just amazing. I am so sorry to hear of your husband loosing his job. That is one of my biggest fears. My prayer will be with you and your family. and by the way you look adorable.

Ashley Wray said...

Thank you for your wonderful thoughts, you really seem to have everything in perspective! We will definetly be htinking and praying for you guys, keep us posted!

Steph and Adam Robison said...

I know everything will work out for you guys, I have been worried about you because I knew that the Stock store here was being bought out. We will continue to pray for you, and your little girl is just waiting for the perfect time to join your family.

My life in a blog said...

I just have to say that Stuart has also been unemployed since he graduated, and it is SO great. It took some adjustment, and some weeks of driving me nuts, but it is so great to see how long we can go without buying anything, to have him home, and to have his help. I don't know what I'll do when he starts work in november! It's tight and tough, but as you said, it will all work out! You are all in my prayers!!

Jewls said...

Another boy! That's fun and CRAZY! You must be a strong and very patient lady for Heavenly Father to trust you with his little sons! Congrats that's so exciting!

And..sad about Travis' job! It will all work out though, it always does! You're the best and I miss you!!

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

What a great attitude you have! You really are so strong, Jenny. Congrats on the boy...my sister had three, and now she's pregnant with twin girls! ;) I truly hope things work out with the job situation.