Monday, June 29, 2009

Eldon turns the big 1

So my baby is one year old! Crazy how time flies, seriously didn't I have him just a few weeks ago? We had a great birthday! It was highlighted by an impromptu visit from his Grandma and Grandpa Hogman. We spent the birthday day getting him his first ice cream cone,

riding a horse,

taking a lot of steps,
opening gifts,

and eating cake, which is in the shape of an ant that tragically got sprayed by bug spray and started growing a variety for different tumors.

The next day we went to the Oqurrih Temple (Kyler threw up on our way there, hence the lack of Sunday attire),
then Wheeler farm for a picnic and getting hugged by a cow.
and more gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Porter

It was a great two days! And we loved having Mom and Dad Hogman here! Here are some things you may not know about Eldon Porter Hogman:

* When Eldon is tired he gets to laughing so hard he has a hard time stopping.
* He hates the water
* He loves to dance! * He weighs 20 and a half pounds and is in the 25 percentile in everything, so he's a little guy.
* He has he only has one tooth and that one he didn't get until his birthday.
* Eldon prides himself on being the best dirty look giver at the age of one.
We love him a lot!

13 comments:

Alli said...

oh my goodness.. Happy birthday Eldon. That year went so fast! Looks like you had a good time celibrating though! :) hope all is well!

Erin Darrington said...

I love the comment about the cake! Brilliant.
Happy Birthday Eldon!

Ashley Wray said...

Can't believe he's one, that means my baby's turning 1 soon too! He is so cute, love his dirty looks!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

What fun!! Happy Birthday Eldon!! I love the water picture, poor kid!!

Alicia Bunderson said...

wow. I can't believe he is already one. He sure is a little guy. Looks like you guys had tons of fun!

My life in a blog said...

Oh man, it sounds like he and Alana could be friends, or maybe just scare each other with dirty looks! Ha ha! How are you hanging in there? I know being preggo with a little one (or two) is hard! But I'm glad you're having fun with your cute fam!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Happy Birthday cute Eldon!! I loved the cake- way cute :) That picture of him in the water is the saddest face ever! Poor little guy! Bath time is rough ;)

Jewls said...

He's such a cute little guy!!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Yea for turning one. I'm so glad he was able to celebrate with both sets of Grandparents.

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

Oh, my goodness! Is he really one already?! What a cute boy!

The Stone's said...

I can't believe he's one already! That's so crazy! I love that picture of him with the ice cream! He is lovin' it!!! Poor Kyler. I hope he's feeling better! Happy Birthday Eldon!

The Meier Family said...

He is so cute, I love his cheeks. And I love the cake!
So my daughter Marquie met your dad at summer Seminary the other day and he told her that Katie (my sis) used to be your dance teacher. Funny huh? She's in your dads stake so I think he got us mixed up. Such a cute guy!!

Wardles said...

Wow! one years old! he is so cute. Looks like a lucky kid! It was good to see you a couple of weeks ago!