Yes we ate Ice Cream for dinner last night.
You may think that is a little extreme and maybe it was but we had to celebrate. Travis got a job!!
And not just any job a great opportunity sort of job. He has been working with a company called White Mountain Lumber, to try to get the old Stock store to open up a lumber yard. Well they tried buying the property and that didn't work but yesterday they signed a lease with the guy who bought it. They have asked Travis to be their manager. It is a great opportunity and we couldn't be more pleased.
I know that I've said this before but this has been quite the experience for my family, to be unemployed. I have learned a lot about myself and my relationship to my Heavenly Father. As times started to get harder I was talking to my father who mentnioned that God tends to push us farther then we think we can handle. Well it was just a week or so ago that I sat at the computer and looked at the $0.00 balance in our bank acount and just cried. And now here we are, soon to be employed again. We are going to be far from millionaires but our bills will be paid and our boys will not starve.
It has been almost a year that we have been without renters in our St. George house and we still have it. It is a miracle that even when we had no income some how we had enough to cover the expenses we needed to. We live in a ward of ministering angels and they have encircled us many times. Words can't express the joy that we felt last night as we looked over the past few months and saw the Lord's hand in guiding and protecting us.
And as strange as it sounds I am very grateful for the time that we had to be tried with unemployment. It has helped put things in perspective. I feel we have a stronger family, a stronger marriage, stronger testimonies, and stronger friendships. So here we go on another chapter in our lives. Ready for the next page with very grateful hearts.
P.S. This little guy has been sleeping through the night. Yes he goes to bed at 11:00 and then sleeps until 7:00. I know he's so great! Also he is 6 weeks old and weighs 11 lbs and 10 ozs! So he's doing great!! 
20 comments:
I am so happy things are working out! I'm sure it has been really stressful for you guys. You boys are darling and I think ice cream for dinner sounds GREAT!
Your little guy weighs as much at 6 weeks as mine did when she was born! Crazy! I am so happy that Travis got a job! It's amazing what we can handle when tried. I am so so so very happy for you guys and for the stress that has been lifted off of you! Congrats Travis!
So glad that things are working out for you guys! Thanks for sharing your strong testimony, I'm sure it hasn't been am easy past few months, but a growing opportunity for sure! And on top of it all, you are getting a full nights sleep. Life can't get any better than that!
Congratulations on the job. What a stress relief. Plus what is wrong with ice cream for dinner. Sounds good to me. I'm really happy for the both of you.
Congrats on the new job. I am so happy for you guys. I agree being without a job is very stessful. I am glad that you are going great.
P.S the baby is so cute, I have yet to see him in person and I live in the same town. sorry I am such a lousy friend.
If you could see me now you would see me smiling and maybe jumping up and down...so excited for you guys!
We are so happy for you guys! Ice cream for dinner is a great way to celebrate the wonderful news.
Your little dude is so so so cute. Happy employment!
I am so so happy for you guys! You deserve the very best! I am just so thankful that things have worked themselves out, with His help! I just love you! And, your novel email is on it's way, but be prepared, it will be long! And Isaac is flippin gorgeous! He is so cute, and he should teach my Boston a thing or two about sleeping through the night! I LOVE you!!!
Congratulations on the job!
Congratulations! That is the best news! :)
Happy, happy, happy. That's how we feel for you right now.
Hooray! How wonderful for you! So glad to hear the good news! I may celebrate with you by eating my own bowl of ice cream! Hooray again for you.
Hooray!!!!! that is so exciting! I'm sorry you guys had to go through that, what a hard trial! Thank you for sharing your testimony, you are so amazing :) I'm love how you guys celebrated with ice cream for dinner! Very fitting :)
Glad it's working out! Congrats on they new job, and that little guy is so sweet! :)
I am so happy that your husband got a job! What a relief that must be! The Lord really does take care of us.
Congratulations guys! We are so happy for you!
yea! That is great. Isn't it amazing how the lord uses fire to refine us, just when it seems to get too hot, amazingly you look back and realize how much stronger you are for it. congrats. ps i was just thinking we should have dessert for dinner, but i didn't have nearly as good of a reason:)
Yay! What a relief! We are so happy for you..Congrats!!
YAY TRAVIS! Congrats guys! And that baby is so cute! I pinched his cheeks through the computer screen!
I'm so happy for you! Icecream sounds like the BEST dinner EVER! I hope things get a little better for you! YAY for babies sleeping through the night. Maggie started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks as well.
Post a Comment