Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hogman's Latest

I always mean to blog more often then I do! But like everyone else life just gets super busy and I don't have the time to sit down and write it out and wait for my computer to upload the pictures! So because of this, here are a lot of pictures and a lot of updates! Sorry for the overload! But I hope that you enjoy.
First for your viewing pleasure, the newest member of the family: Blue Teff Ful (named by Kyler). . .a parakeet that the boys love! I know, I know it's a bird and all my boys want a dog. Well I am scared of animals- there I said it! So we are working our way up to a dog. I am sure a whole post dedicated to this bird will be shortly featured. Next we got to go to Idaho last weekend. I had the great pleasure of being in a major at BYU-Idaho that was brand new so we were kind of like the gineau pigs. Because of that we became a tight group. So we had a little reunion! It was great- no pictures I didn't take my camera but here are the rest of the events of that trip. We got to stay with Travis' sister Tavia and her family. David works at the fire station so we got to have some adventures with some fire trucks.

Like using the water hose!



I know that this isn't the best picture but I love how it shows all of their personalities: Isaac- Happy, Eldon- Scowling, and Kyler-contemplating the next move after the pictures are done.

David let us ride on the ladder truck (pics of the ride a little farther down) but he put the ladder all the way up to show us. Here are Junior and Eldon watching it go up!

Travis climbed all the way to to the top!
I climbed to here.

On the ride we took around the block, I got to ride shot-gun. I was very excited!!


Our kids in the back ready to ride!

Brennan, Junior, and Kyler climbing up to ride.


We also went to the sand dunes. It was very windy so we didn't stay for very long.

David and Travis had a contest to see who could jump farthest. I think they tied. Here is Travis trying. David trying.

Eldon with Aunt Tavia.
Travis attempting to push the stroller in the sand . . . didn't work out.

And the boys just basically had a great time just playing together!
Brennan and Junior
Back home we are enjoying swimming lessons. Kyler is finally old enough to take them and he loves them!
Isaac is not crawling yet but he's really close! It is fun to watch him try.
And Eldon for the first time drew on himself.
And tried to get some of the frosting for the cinnamon rolls, when my back was turned!
So now that you've seen all the pictures and read little blips of what our family is up to- here is my turn to just talk I guess. I am actually coming to enlist your aid. I've been thinking a lot about self-esteem and self-worth. I'm the assistant camp director in our ward and I've been thinking a lot about how I am going to be dealing with young women- something I've never had to do since I was one. But self-esteem is something that I've always struggled with so I was wondering what your views are in how to obtain a self-esteem. The youth are constantly told to get a self-esteem but we seldom tell them how to do it. Soooo, I was wondering what your views were on the matter. Thanks in advance!!

5 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

You have the coolest family ever!!!!

As far as self esteem goes, that's a really tough one. For me, I am and always have been an extremely shy person. I hung out with different crowds all growing up but after my sophomore year I had some really bad stuff happen to me by people who I thought were my friends. I hit rock bottom. After that, I found a great group of friends that help me gain my self esteem back. They were an answer to my prayers and we still keep in close contact. So learning from that experience I would say people need to surround themselves by others who will build them up, love them for who they are and wont judge them for anything they do.

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

Your boys always make me smile! So cute!
I don't know that I have any great advice on self esteem. That's definitely something I've struggled with over the years. I guess one thing I've learned for certain, is that to know your self worth, and to truly see yourself for who you are, is to become close to the Savior. A few years ago, when I was going through a very difficult experience, I could truly only find peace through my Savior. It was those moments of light that pulled me through, and helped me to feel loved and important. I listened regularly to the songs on the Women of Destiny CD. I finally came to a point, where although it may hurt a bit, it didn't really matter who judged me unfairly or made me feel worthless. I knew my Heavenly Father loved me, and I knew that was really all that mattered.

Erin Dooley said...

You have the cutest boys! I am also afraid of dogs because of the mess and hassle they create and I KNOW I will be the one cleaning it all up plus 4 kids! Maybe some day:)

Erin Dooley said...

As far as self esteem I have to say it's something that I never really did struggle with. I think it is really built in the home. Kids need to know that friends will come and go but your family is forever and they need to trust in their family and if they don't have a strong family to be able to build one maybe through leaders in the church. If a girl truly can know who she is and know that she is of worth and that she is a daughter of god then she in my mind has a strong base that is hard to break. My parents and church leaders my whole life built me up and made me who I am today...I never wondered if I was good enough because I had always been told and truly believed that I was. If you find the good qualities in each young woman individually and she knows that you care about her she is going to trust what you say. To me there is no greater honor other than being a wife and mother than being able to work with young women and build them up to be great women.

Andrea said...

Keep up with the overload, I love it! Your boys are so cute!!