Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Things that have made us SMILE of Late

First of all Travis went to Florida . . .
Yep the real Back to the Future car!
Yes this is Travis in the cockpit. He is the only person I know that could get himself into this situation. He was talking to a flight attendant casually who then asked him if he'd like to see the cockpit. After checking to make sure he was a legit passenger and everything, he met the pilot, sat in the cockpit with him, and even sat in the pilot seat.
Alright now on to other things. In an effort to create in my children a work ethic I've created this: Nothing fancy I know and I think that I created this up a few years ago but it is new and improved idea. See Kyler hates chores . . .who doesn't? So I was talking to some friends and one told me of an idea to take ping pong balls and write a different chore on each and every day they choose one and then once they have enough gathered they get a prize. Loved the idea! But then I started thinking . . . a bunch of ping pong balls and three boys . . . yea right. I'd be finding them all over my home. So instead I made the Chore Jar of Love and Happiness. Every morning they pick a chore- well now they love it so much they pick TWO! And after breakfast they do their chore. Then once they've completed it they put it in the other jar. Jar number 2 is used to persuade them to get their chores done. See once Jar 2 is filled they get to do something extra fun with me! Like go swimming (yikes no one go to the pool on that day!), extra fun craft, go to the museum or something out of the ordinary fun. Anyways it's working great!
Then in an effort of craftiness I made this:
It is a coat/jacket/swimsuit hanger for the children. We had a spare piece of wood hanging around the house and with some paint and hooks came together. I know it's nothing amazing but I was pretty darn proud of myself. Now I'd like to add a cute little saying on top but can't think of anything so if anyone can come up with something I'd be very grateful!!
Alright so although this is not a very flattering picture of me . . . it does make me smile. I love how Eldon is just cuddled up against his baby sister! It also makes me happy that I have a healthy little gal in there that is only eight weeks from making her debut!
My boys have been extra funny to me lately. For instance; the other day I was getting ready to go somewhere and I was wearing a cardigan. I came out and Kyler said "Mom you look beautiful. But that pink shirt is too small for you. Now I'm not saying you are fat, I'm just saying you've gotten bigger."
Eldon the other day was trying to get out of eating all of his dinner. I told him he couldn't get down until he ate it all. He then said "You're a mean mom!" "What?" I responded. He looked up and shrugged his shoulders and said "Nothing. I said Bad Guys are mean!" Since when did he learn to change words so that he didn't get into trouble?
And Isaac smiled like this when I pulled the camera out and that just made me laugh.

10 comments:

Deanna said...

"Hang your troubles here"

Love the pictures!!! You've got an adorable little baby belly! 8 weeks left??? Sheesh. I wish I looked that good at 3 months. LOL!

Tyler and Sheena said...

Oh my gosh, your kids are funny! Isn't amazing how one day they just start talking like they are thirteen.

Yay for only 8 weeks left! How fun that we both get to have a taste of what it is like to raise a different gender. Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy. I hope it goes fast for you like mine last 8 weeks did.

Wendy and Spencer said...

Jenny you are pregnant and are having a girl?!?! That is so exciting! You definetly need to post more tummy shots :)

Alicia Bunderson said...

you have the cutest/funniest boys ever. I love reading your blog! Thanks for posting, it definitely made me smile!

Jewls said...

Jenni you are so crafty! I love that chore jar idea (I'll have to try it when Z is older) and that coat rack looks awesome!

Cute, cute family!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Love the cute pixs of the kiddos. So priceless. WTG for being crafty. You totally amaze me!

Cindy Spratling said...

ok, so, your kids.... adorable and hilarious!
your belly.... perfect! we as pregnant women need to embrace our curves!
your chore jar... may have just saved my santity! Claire and I have been arguing about getting little things done each morning and I am implimenting this idea TODAY!!! And your husband... of course he got into the cockpit. It's so like him. And I like Deanna's idea "Hang your troubles here" have a good day!

Cindy Spratling said...

No I'm not. I just mean when we as women are pregnant. Oops.

Nichole said...

I adore you and your darling kids and your crafty-ness. Thats all.

Laura said...

that is so cool, all of it. I've been so out of tough with blogs, I didn't even know you were expecting again. You family is so awesome! we miss you.
-Laura