Thursday, May 19, 2011

Maggie's Special Day

Maggie's blessing day was marvelous! She wore the dress that I was blessed in.
Her necklace that was a gift from Grandma and Grandpa Hogman.
The socks my mother made and the shoes that I wore when I was blessed.Wearing the bracelet that my mother made and the ring that I wore on my blessing day.
The wonderful men that was in the cirlce. From left to right; Bishop Williams, my brother Steve, brother-in-law David, Brother Holmes, Matt Williams, my father Cornell Porter, Travis, Maggie, Travis' father Craig Hogman, Brother Kennedy, and Brother Dennis.
Our family! It makes me so happy! Yes there are my children. All four of them!! Being themselves- Kyler responsible, Isaac happy, Maggie content, and Eldon . . . I love this! It melts my heart.Oh Maggie with her Mama and Mountain Man Papa.Travis' sister Tavia, husband David, and boys Brennan, Junior, and Caden.
Maggie with her Grandma and Grandpa Porter Maggie with her Grandma and Grandpa Hogman. My brother Steve and his wife Vashti and boy James.The two Porter Grandchildren to be born in the same year- James was born in March. So fun that at least one of my children will have a Porter cousin their same age! My Aunt Debbie (whom every one in my ward thought was my mother) and my cousin Kim. After the busy day we decided to also try to do those hand mold thingy. Yeah my face says it all with that experience!It was such a great day! Maggie was wonderful. She didn't hardly fuss the whole day. She did wonderfully! Family, friends, food- my three favorite "f's". But the spirit was so strong during her blessing. It was humbling to know that she is ours forever! And also so powerful to know that my husband has the power of the priesthood. He holds it worthily and was able to bless our little girl. It is awe inspiring.

13 comments:

Jewls said...

She is so cute and you look GREAT Jenni!

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, i could not be happier for you Jen!! I am so happy you had such a beautiful day. Your DAUGHTER is beautiful. How fun is it to say that? You look beautiful as well. So happy for your whole sweet family. I hope you are all adjusting really well. I love you more than you know!!

Alicia Bunderson said...

She is beautiful just like her momma! congrats, sounds like such a wonderful day!

Christine said...

She is so beautiful! I really love all those pictures of her in her blessing dress and the close ups. What a special thing to have all those things from your blessing to you could use them for your sweet daughter. I can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! What a wonderful day. Congrats Jen. Love you.

Sarah said...

Miss wore my blessing dress too! It's so special:) I'm so happy you got your girl!

maynardmoments said...

ooohhh, I love all of the sentimental jewelry and the dress. So cool! The pictures are darling. You look GREAT! Tell Travis to shave. hahaha

Nichole said...

She is really just beautiful! I love all the pics, but plese take off the one revealing my lower back tatoo, its private :)

The Stone's said...

I love love love all the little sentiments that were involved in her blessing! And I love that you have a pink load for your laundry! Isn't it great?!?!? And I love Eldon. That picture of all of your beautiful kiddos is priceless and precious!!!! Love, love, love you!

Laura said...

she's so beautiful.. I lost the shoes I bought for Lucy on her blessing day, and found them when we got home from church! lol You are so lucky to have so much family there for Maggie's Special Day.

Wardles said...

She's beautiful! I do have to say that it's funny to read about another Maggie, yet I feel a special fondness about her because I just love my little Maggie. It looks like things are going well. I am glad. Congrats again!

Erin Darrington said...

What a beautiful day. I'm so happy for all of you.

Yukiko said...

Ok, so, I think our moms must have gotten together and made Kristen's and your blessing dresses, or else shared the pattern because Kristen's blessing dress, which I have claimed and blessed my daughter in, is exactly like the one you, and now Maggie, have.

By the way, your family is so stinking cute!