Friday, February 6, 2009

Rantings of a Mother of Two

Isn't it amazing how at one minute you could pull your hair out with frustration and the next minute they are making you laugh hysterically?

Isn't it amazing how you can feel like a complete failure as a mother and then you feel two arms around your neck and a small voice saying "I love you Mama!" and you know you must have done something right?

Isn't it amazing how lonely you can feel as a stay at home mother and then you get invited into their game of pretend and you wonder how you ever felt lonely with two of your best friends at home with you?

Isn't it amazing how at times you can't wait for their nap for some time for you and then once they fall asleep you can't help but stay with them and marvel that they are yours?

Isn't it amazing how a few years ago they weren't apart of your life and now they are one of the biggest parts?

Isn't motherhood just amazing? I truly love being a mother!

14 comments:

Alli said...

Jenni, That is so sweet! I love it and it is so true!!! :)

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

You are amazing, and I agree 100% on everything you wrote. Motherhood def is a hard job, but the most rewarding amazing one we could ever hope for!

Jenny said...

I totally agree. Your boys are so cute. We miss you guys!

Ashley Wray said...

Amen! Especially the pulling your hair out part :) It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but I would do it all over again in a heart beat!

Nate and Hilary said...

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. It is amazing. It's amazing that people so small can make such an impact on our lives, huh?

The Hardy Things in Life said...

For sure! You go girl! Being a mother is hard, but at the end of the day it is ALL worth it!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

You are amazing! I hope I can be a cute Mom like you someday!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Thanks so much for the reminder! I'm sobbing over this post.

jed-laura said...

That is an awesome post, you have a way with words. I found myself saying, " yeah, that is so true" "amen to that" "how did she know that I do that?" No one could have put it better than you,
-Laura

Jessica said...

I think you just spoke for jsut about every mother out there =)

Cindy Spratling said...

Yes, yes, and YES!!!

The Stone's said...

Amen!

Cherrie said...

Travis and Jenni...your boys are so cute! They remind me a lot of Travis when he was little. So, I guess that means Travis was cute too! :)
Hope all is well with ya'll. Love, Aunt Cherrie

Lauri said...

Amen Sister! Thank you for that. I've honestly been feeling so much of that lately! But you say it so much better than I!