Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of July Weekend and a little bit of Jenni-ness

We had a great weekend! We started it off on the 2nd of July for my Birthday . . . yes I am now officially closer to 50 then I am to my birth. But Travis was amazing and despite our recent troubles, he made sure that I had a great day. We let my parents babysit the boys while we went out to dinner and a movie. It was great, seeing that I can't remember the last time it was just us two. . .well I guess we weren't really alone but the other boy just would leave us alone!
On the third we awoke at 5:00 to go see the balloon launch in Provo! One of our favorite traidions! Then we had a family reunion with my Mom's side. Always great to see family!
On the fourth we had a busy day of going to my dad's stake flag raising ceremony and then a BBQ with my Dad's side of the family. After which we high tailed it back to Evanston for the carnival,
Travis on the climbing wall
Kyler on the barrel train.
Eldon pondering life and the wonders of the country. rodeo,
Kyler chasing the chickens, no he didn't catch one much to his disappointment.and of course fireworks.
Eldon's first sparkler!
The menfolk setting of the fireworks There is nothing like Evanston fireworks because they are seriously all around you! You can't tell the cities fireworks from your neighbors. It is amazing! And after a few close calls with those next to us who kept having accidents, we called it a night. It was great!
Now a little on the personal note. Oh good gravy has our family been blessed. I can't tell you how many people have come up to us to tell us about job opportunities here. In fact just the other day a man in our neighborhood that Travis has talked to once, came up to us to tell us that he knows of a job for Travis. People are just coming out of the wood work and we have seen so many miracles in behalf of our family. I just feel so overwhelmed with gratitude! We still don't have anything definate but we are closer and things are going to be ok, I'm sure of it.

You remember how we started potty training Kyler oh . . .a year ago? Well we are still battling with it! Talk about frustrating. But I've come to realize who am I to be upset? I bet I pee my pants as often as he does when Travis makes me laugh hard or I don't cross my legs soon enough when I sneeze. So the struggle goes on and I am learning emphathy.
As far as a picture of me . . . yeah right! I seriously look like I am 9 months pregnant with twins. I've gotten huge and have no desire to share it with you. Don't take it personally, if I had my way I'd go into hiding for the duration and not let anyone see me. Cocoa Butter, I used to apply faithfully for the first two, now I see no point. Thank goodness for eternal marriage because despite the fact that I am a walking stretch mark my husband is stuck with my for the duration. This little guy is the most active fellow so far! And boy does he have a strong kick! But I'm glad to feel him and am counting down the 11 weeks until he joins his family. Though I am ready for the pregnancy to be over I don't think I am ready to be a mother of three. But that of course is another story for another day.

12 comments:

Erin Dooley said...

I'm sure you look beautiful! I swear I wasn't ready to be a mother of 4 but now I just get to hold on for the roller coaster ride of my life! You'll do great and I'm happy things are working out for you guys! Your boys are just to cute!

Alli said...

you DO Not look like you are 9 months pregnant.. At the reunion babe, I looked like I was 9 month pregnant.. oh wait, I WAS!! you are tiny and you look adorable.

We are so glad that you are having good blessings. We wish you the best of luck.. :)

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Looks like such a fun weekend! And you do NOT look 9 months prego! When we saw you on your bday I was so jealous of your perfect little volleyball shaped tummy because I know I will blow up like a balloon when I'm pregnant. I will probably float off like those honker balloons you saw on the 3rd lol!

maynardmoments said...

Oh man..your boys are so adorable! Glad you had a fun weekend. Good luck with the job hunt..things will work out. You have a lot of people pulling for you guys.

Andrea said...

It's nice to know someone else would rather go into hiding when there pregnant. I get so many comments not understanding why I don't enjoy the pregnancy attention. I just feel like a beached whale no matter how others see me.

Glad to see you guys had a blast on the fourth!

Love ya
Andrea

P.S. I keep up constantly on your blog but don't comment often. I love being able to see what you guys are up to. Thanks for keeping it updated.

Ashley Wray said...

Jenni, you make me laugh. I'm sure you look adorable and tiny like usual! I hear you about the stretch makr/eternal marriage thing, I'm right there with ya! Hang in there these last few weeks! Keep us updated on everything!

Wardles said...

Looks like fun! 11 weeks! How exciting!

The Stone's said...

I love you! Enough said!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

LOL, I love the picture of you :-) I hope that your little one gives you at least some rest during the night. Goodness, what cute boys you have. It was sooo awesome to see you at the Family Reunion. I'm so glad that jobs are coming out of the woodwork for you both. We're crossing our fingers that you get a really good one.

The Harding Hive said...

The first time in YEARS that I miss the Stake flag raising ceremony and YOU ARE THERE! RATS!


P.S. Your boys are so cute!

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

I am sure you look wonderful! I'm glad you had fun, and I truly hope things calm down for you soon...which isn't too likely with a new baby, but I'm sure you know what I mean...with the job and everything. You deserve it!

Snedakers said...

I'm sure you look great, you were TINY with both your other boys and you made me jealous, -its true. I hope that helps!