When I was a child one of my favorite Christmas traditions was an advent calendar that my family would do at night. It was in the shape of a Christmas tree and every night we would take turns opening a pocket. Most nights it was an ornament to pin to the tree, other nights there was money in the pocket, and the absolute best nights were the treasure hunts! Some of my siblings and my favorite memories have to do with this calendar. Well my brother claimed it for his when we were all given the option of one Christmas decoration to take into our homes after marriage. So months and months and months ago I asked my mother if I could come down and make one with her assistance. This last week I was able to make mine!
I know impressive . . . there are a lot of flaws but hey I am not a sewer therefore I am very proud of my tree and it is currently hanging in my living room!
We did more then just sew while I was down there. We of course visited the zoo. Kyler loved holding the map and directing us as we went. What a navigator!
As you can see Eldon did not like that huge elephant you can sit on . . .he was fine until it sneezed!
Going on the train was the highlight of Kyler's LIFE.
Oh and then we also went to the dinosaur musuem!
Probably one of my favorite pictures of all time! My brother and his wife were able to go with us and of course the boys love them! Looking at this picture I bet you can see why!
The rest of the time we just spent playing around and doing some much needed shopping.
The rest of the time we just spent playing around and doing some much needed shopping.
Eldon enjoyed sitting in my Mother's cabinet.
Kyler oddly enough wanted to play with Belle as often as he could.
P.S. I only have ten weeks left. Can I hear a "Whoot, whoot?"
9 comments:
I'm glad you snuck in a pic of yourself and belly. Your last post was right, you look like you're pregnant with twins...twin kitties! Seriously, you look so great!
So fun. and you look great with that pregnant belly. nothing to hid at all. As for the advent calender (did I spell it right?) did you go off of a pattern? I want to make one.
Whoot, whoot from me. Way to go Jenny. I love that you are willing to try sewing projects even if it isn't your "cup of tea".
HOORAY for 10 weeks to go! I'm at that nervous/excited/anxious/bewildered stage... We're definitely at the point of no return!
How fun! you are so talented. I love the calender when i was a child to. We have a small one, but I need to make a big one like yours! yeah for 10 weeks. you are so dang tiny!
Cute! I love the Christmas idea! Your boys are getting so big!
I LOVE advent calendars! That was my favorite decoration too! Eldon reminds me so much of Paislee! Maybe because Paislee is still bald and Trevor won't let me get her ears pierced! Anyway, seperate matter! We should play when you come down next!
Love the pictures. Christmas is so magical again for me now that I get to make it that way for my kids. You look great by the way!!
Yeah for trying it out!! I love the calender.. I have the one that our family use to do and I do it now for our kids. It's a great tradition!!
AND OH MY GOSH you are so VERY tiny girl! You look so cute! Hope you guys are doing good!
Post a Comment