Monday, August 10, 2009

Utah once Again

Travis has gotten a temp job with a Chevron Warehouse and they are currently having their "turn-around" . . .I have no idea what that means, but he has to work 6/ 10 hour days, for three weeks straight. So I ran to my parents house so that I didn't have to be all alone for so long. We were able to spend a week and it was so much fun! Here are just a few pictures of what we did while we were there this time!
We went to the Aviary. It was sooooo hot that day that we didn't stay for too long. But long enough for Kyler to try to make friends with all the birds. Like I said it was super hot, but they did have a place that sprayed water to cool off.
As you can see Eldon had the time of his life.
We had some fun just hanging out at the house! Kyler liked looking at the world through the magnifying glass and of course I loved it every time he would look at me and say "You're big Mama, really, really, really big." Thank you Kyler, that's just what I wanted to hear!
Kyler is always talking about going fishing. So this time my Mom got this game where he could do it in the back yard. He was very proud every time he caught a shark! And he was especially happy when it was a pink one!
Oh squirt guns! They loved sitting on the deck and shooting all the "bad guys". Eldon of course was such a good shot that he didn't have to look where he was helping shoot.
Sunday morning the boys loved my parents IKEA play tent and a tunnel to climb through. They thought it was the greatest! Aren't grandparents homes so magical!

Kyler loves going to my Dad's Seminary mostly because he can dress up like a knight and march around the room to "How Firm a Foundation". (Everything didn't happen the same day, Kyler just really loves his orange-train shirt.)

We went up to Silver Lake and roasted hot dogs. It was so much fun!
I love, love, love, this picture of my Dad and Kyler. It surely shows that Kyler is definately a Porter! Eldon found a walking stick . . . he didn't use it long.

Kyler adores my Father and I don't think Eldon left my Mother's side during the whole week. We sure had a lot of fun with them.

As you can see, though we had a delightful time, we were all really happy to get home!

P.S. As of today I have six weeks. Yahoo!! Not much longer now until we meet Hogman boy #3.

5 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Your parents are so cute! I can tell they just "hate" being grandparents ;) I'm sorry things are still nuts for Travis! I hope he gets something full time and stable soon!

Andrea said...

Looks like a fun time.

maynardmoments said...

I'm glad you were able to spend some time with the fam. Looks like you and the boys had a great time.

Alli said...

oh how fun! Love the pictures! so darling! I can't believe you only have 6 weeks left.. YEAH.. your pregnancy has flown by! :)

Jami Berry said...

It sounds like you guys had lots of fun. Your boys are so cute, I can't wait to see pictures of the next one. One of these times when you come down, we'll have to get together. It's been a long time.