Friday, August 28, 2009

Obsessive!

So I just got tagged from my good friend Becky Maynard! It's been forever since I've been tagged and thought that it would be a thrill to do, very thought provoking. So here we go, five things Jenni Hogman is obsessed about.

#1 Projects. That sounds wierd but if I get it into my head that I am going to do a project then I can't do anything else until I complete it. For instance painting my nursery recently. I slept, thought, and ate nursery ideas until I had to just do. Then all my spare time went into taping it off, painting it, sponge painting it, organizing it, arranging it, etc. I am in charge of the Primary Program this year in my ward and it is still two months away but I had to finish it- it's written, copied, music copied, parts cut out and seperated, and I've started to hand them out. So yeah when I get it into my head I just have to do it and unfortunately I neglect everything else.

#2 Books. Oh man I love to read. And when I start a book I have to finish it as soon as possible. I can't just read a chapter here and there, no I have to finish it. But I am always craving a new great read!

#3 Travis. I am obsessed with my husband. When he is home I find excuses to stay in the same room as him. When ever he has to go somewhere I always pack the kids in the car and go to, even if it means we have to sit in the car for over an hour while he is talking to a contractor or a young man about something.

#4 Nectarines, recently I have become obsessed nectarines, so much so that no one else in the house touches them. The other day Travis took one to work and when I found out he took it I tried to be Christlike and share but evidently he found out I was sad and so he brought it back home untouched. I buy a big bag of them and then they are gone within two or three days. Man just writing about them makes me want to go to the store and pick some up! I ate my last one this morning!!

#5 I have to agree with Becky Holidays. I love, love, love, love, love holidays. Mostly Christmas. I have both Kyler and Eldon's Christmas all bought (thank goodness seeing we are out of a job), and work as often as I can on Travis' big Christmas gift and have a few of his items purchased. I'm already planning where to move my furniture for the Christmas tree, what to make for the boys Halloween costumes, what theme to do for Kyler's next birthday, stressing about having to cook my first Thanksgiving turkey this year. But I love holidays! They are wonderful!

The rule was I had to tag five people, I don't know if you'll do this or not but it was kind of fun to think about and do! So I tag . . . Shine, Shayla, Sarah-no-longer-Dowland (sorry honey child I can't remember your new last name), Michelle Bluemel, and Manda Clawson.

3 comments:

Here Dwells Happiness said...

What a ton of fun. I agree with you about nectarines. Heavenly Father was so gracious to provide us with such a delicious piece of fruit.

maynardmoments said...

Hooray for Holidays! If we lived closer, we could really do some damage. ;)
Good job with the Primary program. Done already, I am impressed!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Thanks for the tag cute Jenni!! I'm so the opposite of you on the projects... I LOVE projects but I never finish them, I get bored with one then just move onto the next :) I have a million different sewing, painting, and house projects that are only 1/2 done lol!