Thursday, April 21, 2011

April Hours bring Baby Showers

I have amazing people around me. Seriously they are the best in the West and beyond! So the ladies at my work threw me a shower. Here is my loot:
Allie was in charge of the major gift. So she made this: Inside the cake of amazingness- diapers! I know it makes you want to have her as a friend huh? Yeah I know it's because she's amazing.
So the "frosting" was receiving blankets. Wow talk about creativity! And talent- I know that I couldn't have pulled it off!



Then two wonderful women threw me a friend/ward shower. And we were so blessed. I am sad that I didn't get any pictures of the event. But we seriously were blessed to get everything that we needed and more. Blankets, outfits, a carseat!!!, baby monitors (which we have never had before), socks, burp rags, diapers, binkies, bows, a new high chair, and so much more. We are seriously so lucky!!! I love the people around me! They are great!!!


You know when you are pregnant after being pregnant before and you tend to forget what the last pregnancy was like? Well this is for me to remember so you don't really have to read it, it's mostly for my benefit but if you are very curious about my pregnancy or bored please feel free!


****** Things for me to Recall in Days gone by about this particular pregnancy *******


*She is as active as Kyler but the difference with her is that she sticks her body parts out so far that I'm not sure my skin will stretch with it. The thing that we see the most is her heels.



*At my first once a week check up I was dilated to a 2 and was 50% effaced. At my 37 week check up I was dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced, today at 38 weeks I'm dilated to a 4 and still 75% effaced.



*I've gained 33 pounds so far.


*I've craved apples like crazy!! Throughout the whole pregnancy I've wanted nothing but apples but they had to be Fiji or Gala or anything that wasn't red or green but in the middle.


*I've also loved ice the last trimester- my anemia must be off because I can't get enough of the cold stuff and Travis is so appalled every time I stick my hand in my cup to get some!


*I've had more braxton hicks this time around and for the first time have felt back pain with them.


*My hips separated a lot earlier- probably because this is the fourth time around. But it's worst at night. I can only sleep on my right side- every other position is incredibly painful.


*I've been very worried about loosing baby girl, even to the point of tears. I don't know if it is me being silly or the Lord preparing me but it's been an emotional ride.


*I've planned this whole time to do it naturally and have even had a nurse come to my house to teach me some points on how to do it successfully. . . we'll see.


*I dread the coming of night because Eldon is getting his molars in, Isaac is getting all four I-teeth, I have insomnia and of course the above mentioned hip and back pain. But some mornings I remember how great it is to have three healthy boys and a girl on her way. . . the other mornings I just cry.


*This is the first pregnancy that I never threw up . . .I was sick but I never actually followed through. But smells affected me more this time around then all the others. Also the morning sickness has returned these last few weeks.


*I worked up to the 37th week in teaching Kinder Kamp and working in the Rec Center Day Care.


*I tested positive for Strep B which I have never done before. Because I'm allergic to Penicillin I have to take a different med that will require it to be in my system six hours before baby girl can be born. So we have scheduled April 28th if she doesn't come sooner . . . she wont come sooner.


*At 36 weeks she looked to be 7 lbs and 2 ozs. We could already see her chubby cheeks. My Dr. also joked at that ultrasound to see the scrotum . . .yeah real funny. Actually we cracked up pretty hard. We love having a Dr. that we can laugh with.

6 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

Just one week left! Hooray for your family! I had dreams about losing both of my kids too and had the same thoughts of having complications etc. during birth - but al has turned out well so far. Also I wanted to eat the diaper cake until I found out it was made of diapers. And going all nat-ur-al?! You da' woman! What sparked this desire?

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

I love you so much! I can't even believe that you will have your own sweet little baby girl iin just 6 days!!!!!! I couldn't be happier for you. Actually if you could sleep better at night then i would be happier for you:) I wish i lived close enough to come watch your kids or reciprocate your offer to me when i was about to have my fourth. I would totally come slice you some apples with peanut butter. Totally. I think about you everyday, and I'll pray you can do it natural and that it will be a beautiful experience. I love you!!

Alicia Bunderson said...

yay! I am so excited for you! and when I was prego with Morgan I craved apples all pregnancy to, but they had to be granny smith. I had one at least once a day..good luck with everything! can't wait to see her pretty face!

My life in a blog said...

Sweet! I've heard that a baby shower after you've had lots of one gender and are having a baby of a different gender is called a "drip." I thought that was funny! Girl, you can totally go natural! Just remember that when you are thinking "I'm done, I can't do this anymore," it's time to push! ;) What a good idea to try and remember the differences between this pregnancy and your others! Can't wait to see pics of your baby girl! :)

Jones said...

If you get induced with pitocin, see if they will take you off the pitocin after they break your water. It makes it easier to get up and move around and work with your bodies contractions, vs. pitocin contractions. Good Luck, I hope it all goes awesome for you. (You can do it "natural" with pitocin contractions too- it might even go a little faster that way..but from experience it is a bit more manageable without)

Erin Dooley said...

That cake was seriously ADORABLE! I can't wait to see pics of your Beautiful baby girl!