Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Husbands Ramblings

This is my post (Travis) dedicated to my:


SUPERHUMAN WIFE

and

WONDERFUL NEW DAUGHTER.

My wife likes to post her "feelings" which I have never been great at doing and don't really think I'll make much more than 1 or 2 sentences here. But here it is!

So Jen had Maggie naturally without any pain killers! Can you believe it! I can't really imagine, but, she is so inspiring to me, not because she went natural because heaven knows I just think that is crazy, but because she put her mind to doing something superhuman and then did it! She has had a rough couple of weeks and was happy to get Maggie out. This last little bit Jen has been a student (taking a 3 credit class), a mother of three crazy boys (meals, cleaning, nurturing activities, etc), worked at the rec center teaching a class and spending time in their nursery, holding a calling in church, doing darn creative projects like re-doing rooms and re-arranging things at home, and keeping up on her social life. All this while I'm not around as much as I wish I could be. In short, I'm proud of her. She could really accomplish anything she ever wanted to do if only she believed it for herself and thought she could. I really don't deserve to have such a wonderful wife, but I'm glad that I married my wife in the temple so there is not any option for her to change her mind. I love her with all my heart and could go on for hours bragging about how wonderful she is but I know that each of you don't want to listen to that. So I'll leave it at that! Jenni YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

Maggie... Just look at her in the full get-up looking like a precious darling little girl. I don't know how I feel to have a little baby girl in our family. Things are going to change in our house. I have been quite content with my boys and have honestly not "yearned" or felt the need to have a girl. Everyone says that she is going to have me wrapped around her little finger. I am so happy to have her! I think just as my boys have taught me many great lessons, Maggie will also teach me a great many things as a father. Life is so wonderful in all the lessons that we can get from it and I hope that I can see life as a bright and positive scenario. I am already having different protective feelings for my daughter and know that as time goes on she is going to help me to hone my patience.
I am excited for the future and what it holds!


6 comments:

Cindy Spratling said...

WOW! Congratulations Hogmans! Little Maggie is beautiful and sooo sweet! You will LOVE having a girl, of course that's all I know, but it's so fun! Jenni, you really are amazing. You were so active during your pregnancy, what a gal! And Travis, you are so nice to share your feelings about how proud you are of Jenni. We miss you guys. How lucky we are to have met you guys back in the Rexburg days. It's good to have such strong people as friends. Anyway- enjoy your little princess. Congratulations!

Erin Darrington said...

yay! and i would love to hear you brag up jenni more, she so deserves it. way to go girl!

Familia Morales said...

Congratulations! Maggie is beautiful! And so lucky to have 2 awesome parents and 3 brothers to watch out for her. Kudos to Jen for everything she's done!

Brandon and Julie said...

congratulations, she is a doll! good work on going natural what an amazing women you are!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations guys. She's beautiful!

Christine said...

This was beautifully said. You should get on here more often and take part in blogging. It was fun to hear from your side of things. Love ya bro.