Saturday, April 30, 2011

Maggie Marie Hogman

Just a little recap of Maggie and a few pictures. When we have more time we'll post some more!

Getting ready to leave for the hospital- just me and my boys!
What I look like in all my pregnancy glory! At the hospital with our nurse Anne- yes she is upping my PIT as the picture is being taken.
Maggie getting cleaned up by our favorite Nursery Nurse Naomi!
First Family shot . . .why is it that my face is always sooooo swollen after birth- completely not fair!
Boys falling in love with her.





The Birth Story:


So some people like this sort of stuff some don't, I use it for memory purposes! So we had planned for the 28th. I had tested positive for Strep B this time around and since I'm allergic to the normally used medication I had to have the other kind. This kind takes six hours to be in your system before baby can come. So since I have four hour labors and she was looking healthy we opted for the inducment. They couldn't take us until 10:00 so we had the morning to do last minute cleaning, preparing, packing, and for Travis working. Travis got home around 9:30. He gave me a blessing. We took some last pictures and then headed to drop the boys off at our friends home, the wonderful Robinette's. We kissed them goodbye and headed to the hospital, got checked in and in the room. We met our nurse Anne- from New Zeland who had only been in Evanston for two days. She told us that it was a good thing that she was there because they had another patient and would have had to bump me if she wasn't there training. So thankful!!! At 10:30 they started the antibiotics. I was checked and was at a 3. Not wanting to rush things they started me on a very low dose of Pit at 11:00, 6 ml to be exact. The waiting game started. The first bag of Antibiotics was completed by 11:10. Dr. Hansen came to check on me at 1:00. I had dialted to a 6. So they upped the Pit to 9 ml. And let me be. During this time of waiting I had some time to contemplate what was coming up and praying fervently for the strength to do it. Finally around 2:00 I started feeling the contractions . . . I had been feeling them the whole time but now it was actually starting to hurt, but not too bad.


The Dr. said that he'd be back around 4:00 to check me again and break my water. Instead at 4:00 the started the second and last bag of Antibiotics. It was done at 4:30. Dr. came in around this time and checked me, I was an 8. They upped the Pit to 12 ml and he broke my water at 4:40. Contractions now started coming faster and harder. By now there was no choice- I was going natural. Travis was great to rub my feet. But by this time I really didn't want to be rubbed I wanted his hand! So he stayed by my side and reminded me to relax. He was great! All I could do during contractions was grab his hand, close my eyes, focus on breathing in and out, and trying to keep my body relaxed. A lot of prayers were said and constant "I can do this. I can do this" chanting.


At 5:15 ish the Dr. came back in and we all just sat there waiting for her to arrive . . . well they sat and talked encouragingly and we all cracked jokes in between contractions. My nurse said "I don't mean to be mean but I"m going to up your Pit so that we can get her here." So she upped it to . . . I don't know what. Around 5:30 they were coming hard and I felt more like it was time to push but I was so nervous that I would push before it was time and tear. So I voiced my thought and the Dr. barely put his hand down and said "We are having baby." My legs were grabbed and I was told to push.


I really can't describe that pain. Whew. I can't describe it. And thank goodness it was only three pushes and she was out! It seems surreal looking back on it. In all honesty the pushing was definately the most painful part and I remember thinking "How can I possibly live through this. She better come soon because I can't do this for long." I pushed whether there was a contraction or not. From the beginning I never wanted to be that woman who screamed in labor and I'm proud to say that I didn't scream but I was vocal during those ten minutes!! I can't describe it but it was amazing. They placed her on my belly and the first thing I did was look to make sure it was a girl and it was!!!


And I feel very proud. I know it must sound silly but I am very proud of myself for really doing it. And yes I think from now on that is how I'll do it . . . but not any time soon :) sure we've all heard me say that before! But this time I really mean it!!! It was an amazing experience and I feel so blessed that I have such easy labors so that I could do it. And recovery has been so much easier this time around. Don't get me wrong still painful but I've not had to have the amount of pain killers that I have in the past. And everything just seems to be healing faster and I feel like I can move easier. Anyways it's just been amazing. And she's amazing!!


Why we named her Maggie


Ever since we were pregnant with Kyler, Maggie Marie was the name of our little girl. Travis taught a Maggie on his mission, it was his golden investigator. We love the name and Marie is for Travis' mother. And when you look at her doesn't she look like a Maggie? We think so!!

10 comments:

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

You are amazing. I am so incredibly happy for you. I love you!!

Jewls said...

What a cutie! I love the name, and WAY TO GO!

Erin Dooley said...

Good for you on going natural!!! She is Beautiful and you are going to have so much fun:) She is going to have some very protective brothers:):):)

My life in a blog said...

You did it! :) I have to agree that pushing is the WORST part! But I'm glad you got the birth you wanted, but most especially that you have your little one here safe and healthy! Good work! :)

Deanna said...

You are incredibly strong!!! I had Kort natural, too, and my feelings were pretty well matched to what you described. :) I'm so proud of you! You ROCK!!!

I LOVE the name. So cute. :)

Alicia Bunderson said...

Jenni you are amazing! Congrats on going natural and on having a beautiful girl!

Nichole said...

Oh she is beautiful! I just want to hold her. I think its so great that Trav blogged- 3 stars for him ! When I have a baby will you do my hair? Thanks. AND that is a lot of people coming to see you- you are nicer then me, I refuse visitors for a good 48 hours. You really are an allstar and im so happy that Maggie is here and that it all went so great. Cant wait to see you!

Wardles said...

Congratulations on your new addition. She's beautiful! I'm glad everything went so well. I like to think that you chose the name Maggie because you can't get over how cute my little girl is. =) Congrats again.

Andrea said...

Way to go!! Natural does have it's benefit's I prefer it to an epidural. It is much harder thats for sure. You're awesome.

Jessica said...

congrats on little Maggie...what an adorable girl and name. I am so proud of you for sticking to your natural goal. isn't it so crazy!! I don't know that I actually would do it again, but I'm glad you feel brave enough to :) I love your husband's supermom post of you...what a spectacular gal you are! Love you jen.