Sunday, October 16, 2011

Catching Up: Family Reunion of Awesomeness!!!!

Travis' family (when I say family I mean like his mom, dad, and siblings) have a reunion every two years. Each year a different child is in charge of it. This year was Travis' turn. Because of the economy we wanted to make sure that every family could make it and it wouldn't be a strain financially for anyone. Travis was on staff for a Boy Scout camp called Camp Baldwin. He called them up and sure enough they would let us have use of the whole facility for nothing!!! Close to home, no money for accommodations, and fun activities for the family to do. We were so happy we looked a little like this: Every morning we were awaken by Todd and Dad playing some sweet music. Kyler still talks about how Uncle Todd can make a sound like a horse on his horn and how some day he wants to do that too.We got to get to know each other better as the days went on . . .some more then others.

Quality time with grandparents and Uncles



We went on Guava hunts with our Zooka's and we weren't at all afraid :)


Had skits that even gangsta nursery rhymes were performed and greatly admired.And cousins getting up and performing together random things (notice Alaina and Eldon are holding hands . . .made my heart happy.)

And we did some service and I can truly testify it brings a family together . . .even if one has to go to the hospital.

And some just get sooo mushy that they end up kissing wood. . .
And a whole bunch of future missionaries in the making!Played some games and even got a little confused on who was on whose team.



Three leg raced- note don't use twine it just might cut your foot off, or at least make you feel like it is cutting your foot offTossed some eggs


And got very into making our egg catching uniform more stylish. Andreas obviously took a GQ approach while Dallin is doing the pouty thing.

Ingela went for the cutsie style

While Aiden and Nathen were more Zombie- Gangstas or Tela-Tubbies.

And I just threw this one in because Kyler's face makes me smile and makes my heart do a little happy dance.And this man was just proud of himself and his manly egg tossing, kick the can, tug of war skills.



We went shooting. And Nathan's stance sure shows that it is possible to look good while shooting.


Kyler wanted a turn . . .the bruise on his shoulder proves he didn't quite believe his Papa when he told them it was going to hurt.

Maggie got on her first horse!


Though not allowed to ride them we did visit and pet them. Did some fishing!Eldon caught his first fish and some one elses pants because I have never seen those before . . . or since!


Kyler showing off to all the girls.
Eldon just showing off to any one who would look.And the water . . .everyones favorite part. We had it all to ourselves sooo we could leave our stuff out knowing it would still be there the next day.

Cold but don't know where your towel is? Well use one you find because we know that it's from our family and doesn't carry a deadly disease.Boat races and just time on the water.


No need for a caption. Much needed father and son time- One of the many things that I love being around the Hogmans is seeing Travis with his Dad. They are so much a like and miss each other a lot. The whole crew! Now I know that I say this a lot but I really lucky out with my in laws. They are a joy to be around. The boys are still talking about their cousins and we are still laughing about the memories that we shared. We can't wait to go back.


Know I said that I was going to get caught up today but Blogger decided to keep freezing up or taking forever to load pics. Sooo maybe next month. . . just kidding I'll try to get everything up in the next week or so. Also reading back I'm really mushy in my posts, I'll try to liven them up with more fun comments instead of going on and on about the love I have for my family, all my mistakes, and so on and so forth. But no promises because I really do love my family and I really do make a lot of mistakes.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

What an AWESOME place for a family reunion!!! Looks like some fabulous memories were made. :)

Alicia Bunderson said...

what a huge family he has! how awesome! as always you and your family look like you had a fun time and you always look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes (well, lots of times) I wish I was part of that family. They really are a lot of fun. Lucky you. Love them extra for me. :)

And ok, ok, so technically I am a "part" of that family, but for some reason I only get to see them at weddings and funerals? ;)