Sunday, October 16, 2011

Playing Catch Up: Tillamook and Ocean

I know, I know . .. I am super far behind but I'm hoping to get caught up today. So after Boston we had a few days more to spend in Washington before the reunion. Kyler had said months and months before we left that he wanted to go to the ocean- it was his dream! So Travis and I checked the maps out and we decided to go to the coast near Tillamook. Of course we had to stop at the cheese factory which was delightful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course we had to try out the van ourselves!Pretty cute Farmer Kyler and a Larissa Cow. Eldon had to try to!

And it was the perfect place to try to pick a fake cows nose


And proof that I have two thumb suckers. . . yeah! That is the best (say it with sarcastic tones in your head)
Then we had to get ice cream and had to share it!

and I HAD to get my picture taken with this cool guy and his cool hat.

It was then time for the OCEAN!!!! It was kind of a foggy day but that didn't stop Travis in trying to get the kids organized. At this point I wasn't sure who was more excited the kids or Travis, he's missed the ocean.


So glad that Grandma and Grandpa Hogman could come with us. Terina and her kids came too. They weren't going to but Kyler went over to their house before we left and asked them to come. He told them it was going to be sooo much fun. While we were at the beach he said "Well Aunt Terina, aren't you glad you came? I told you it was going to be sooo fun!"

There was a little river leading up to the ocean. Travis of course decided to get everyone to help him build a dam. The kids were enthusiastic and we all got giddy when Grandpa decided to join in the fun.


Maggie's first time on the West coast since she'd already been to the East :)


I think it might have been the best day of Kyler's life.

No comments: