Kyler turned 6 this year. Isn't that something? Now most of you know Kyler but those of you who don't let me tell you a little about him.
He loves over easy over and hard boiled eggs.
He loves asparagus!
He wants to either be a police man, army man, or an acrobat when he grows up.
He has a great imagination.
He believes that everyone is his friend and every where we go he makes one.
He loves to wrestle and be crazy.
He loves art. Loves to draw, paint, color, and create.
He is very empathetic....just like his baby blessing stated.
He is the first one to comfort me when I am sad or make sure I'm ok when I am hurt or upset.
He is a great big brother. He loves to carry Maggie or get her out of her high chair.
He loves tigers, leopards, any big cat.
So on his birthday he asked to have 3 boiled eggs, bacon, and toast.
For lunch we met him at his school with pizza!
Then we rushed back over later to give him some cupcakes to give to the class. His teacher had him come to the front and the class sang to him and then he got to eat the first bite of cupcake.
![]() |
| Kyler and Ms. Collins |
![]() |
| Despicable Me Minion cupcakes...thank you pinterest! MIRACLE HAPPENED HERE DURING THE DAY BUT I AM GOING TO WRITE ABOUT IT AT THE END.... |
![]() |
| Opened presents |
![]() |
| Oh yeah for transformers...love trying to get those put together. |
![]() |
| Since he had already had Viking Cupcakes and Minion Cupcakes we did a simple left- over- batter- from- class- cupcakes- cake. |
![]() |
| And he took his wish making seriously! |
Dinner was hot dogs because ....well obviously that is his favorite. And asparagus and chips.
Miracle Time
So we got him a bike for his birthday. A big kid bike. A green big kid bike, because ....well obviously green is his favorite color ever. Anyways when Travis showed me the bike I thought it was huge. Travis reassured me that he'd love it and grow into it. So we both agreed on it, hid it at Travis' work. I called Travis on Kyler's birthday to come with me to deliver the cupcakes because I was afraid they were going to fall over in the car. He suggested that we give Kyler his bike after school and he could ride it him. I thought that was fantastic! We did the class thing, left a little early and went outside. I told him he could ride with Papa in his work truck. He thought that was cool and then we urged him to look in the back. He was sooo excited when he saw that bike! Oh he thought we were the coolest parents ever and he was so grateful. We got it out. It was a little big for him but with some help he was able to get on it. He started going. Travis drove in his truck along side him, I rode in the van behind with the video camera. Everything was sooo happy. We didn't even think to tell him that the brakes were on the handle bars....didn't even think he wouldn't know that. So we get going and then we turn down the street and he starts picking up speed. He is loving it! We start to approach Harrison- a busy street in our town. He starts getting faster and faster. All of a sudden I hear "Mom, I can't stop." Travis is screaming out the window "On your handles Kyler!! On the handles!!" Kyler didn't understand. Travis jumps out of the truck and barely misses him. Kyler goes straight across Harrison. Travis and I watched helplessly. My thoughts were "He is going to get hit. He is going to get hit." He made it safely across. 5 seconds later a semi truck goes barrelling past as Travis and I still sit at the stop sign. Kyler had made it safely to the other side and was smart enough to go up on to the curb and stop on the grass of someones lawn. It was a miracle but it doesn't stop there. We raced over there and Kyler was unshaken, not even scared. Travis got there first and he asked him about it. Kyler had responded that he wasn't scared, in fact he sped up as he got closer to that busy road. we laughed about it a little but then as we thought about it, if he had slowed down at all he would have gotten hit by that semi truck. We talked about it the rest of the night. Travis and I were completely shaken by the experience. It was literally the most terrifying moment of my motherhood! We offered many prayers of gratitude that night for his safety. Then next morning I took the opportunity to hug him tight again and mentioned how he could have seriously been hurt. I also told him that obviously God loved him a lot to protect him like that. Then I commended him on riding his bike up onto the grass! It was so smart. He responded "Well God told me to do that." I looked at him and asked him "What?" "God put that idea into my head. To ride up on the grass to stop...that was God wasn't it Mom?" I was humbled and with tears streaming down I said "Yes Kyler that was God talking to you." Wow it was powerful. It was one of those moments where the spirit was so strong in our house hold and again we thanked Him as we knelt in prayer before school- one of the few times that we actual knelt to do our morning prayers because usually they are in the car! So do modern day miracles still happen? Yes! And I have been blessed to give birth to four!
![]() |
| Not long after the miracle happened. |







5 comments:
oh. my. gosh. That is the scariest thing ever! Sooo glad he is safe!
yay! I have missed all your posts! you are so inspirational! I love reading your blog! what an amazing miracle! You are awesome!
WOW...I just got teary eyed. What a special little boy you have. I'm so happy that it turned out the way it did and that he loves his bike:)
Good job on the cupcakes too:)
Such a darling family Jenni!
WOW! You had me in tears! I would have been so scared! But wow, what a neat spiritual moment for him and you and your family to have! Miracles do happen and God is mindful of all of His children and talks to even the little ones. :)
Post a Comment