Thursday, May 24, 2012

Remember January 2012? I think I do too....

So...like how it is almost June and my last post is about Christmas? Whew where has the time gone? I don't know because I don't have it documented on my blog. Now if you are like me then after a few months of people not posting on their blog I stop looking at their blog...so chances are I might be the only who ever sees any of my posts from now on. That would be fine because like many of others out there my blog is pretty much for me and my journaling sake. Trying to remember those moments that your heart just doesn't want to let go. You know the ones like, just for example ....I don't remember any because I didn't journal them.
We started the New Year's sick.  Plans got canceled and we stayed home, just us.  And watched a bazillion movies and ate pizza and smoothies.  It actually was fantastic, despite the sick part.
Yes we brought the new year in with Eldon picking his nose...so much for New Years Resolutions.


Maggie looked how all of us felt.
We decided Eldon needed a little something to fill his life so we signed him up for Preschool.  He started a few days after New Years...don't remember exactly when because I didn't blog about it until now.   And don't judge me on his hair, it looked better in person...at least I think it did.  It's been so long I'm not sure.
Of course when you take a picture of one everyone wants to be photographed.  Which I'm okay with.  Especially when they are all so adorable, and dressed for the day with hair done!!  That is something worth documenting!
Eldon in front of the sign before entering.  We both were a little nervous!
We did the old school tradition of bringing the teacher an apple on the first day.  You know trying to make a good impression!
He seemed to jump right in.  He was a little hesitant but then found his happy place....DINOSAURS.  But I admit that I got a little teary eyed as I left.  As hard as he is, he is still my little bud!
In January we were still really faithful with my homeschool activity plan.  On this day we played with toothpaste.  You know fulfilled the fantasy to squirt out a whole container.  So fun, but totally recommend putting something on the table before you do it.  It was sooo hard to clean it up, though we did smell minty fresh for quite a while.

Yes January was filled with fun...so much so that when you go in the kitchen to steal an oreo you fall asleep before you can even make it out of the room.
And then later you get oreos in milk and life is the best ever!!!!
And of course we had to play in the snow this month!  Maggie wasn't quite sure how she felt about it.  But she was a good sport!

I love it when they play and all get a long.
And this is the snow dinosaur monster head we made.  It was fantastic.  I use the term "we" liberally....Travis did most the work.
Those who helped us!  Our bunch and the neighbor kids! 


Sooo . . . no promises but I am going to try to be better and get us up and current.  So many great things have happened in our 2012 year.  A lot of changes and a lot of growth.  A lot of messes, a lot of soul searching, a lot of family, a lot of birthdays, a lot of miracles, a lot of snacks, a lot of oreos....a lot of oreos, a lot of laughs, and a lot of other things!

2 comments:

Erin Dooley said...

You haven't lost me as a blog follower yet;) I'm excited to see your new posts. Thanks for the update and pics of your adorable boys and beautiful little girl! I hope life is good for you guys:)

Erin Darrington said...

Haven't lost me! 6 months full of Oreos? What a wonderful life :)