Friday, September 26, 2008

3 Months to Remember

Well today Eldon is 3 months. And what a better way to celebrate this big occasion then having his older brother try to kill him. Yes well as I was doing some cleaning, Eldon was asleep on my bed and Kyler was playing around. All of a sudden I hear Eldon crying his hurt cry but it was different, broken. I came into my room where Kyler was sitting next to Eldon. At first I thought that Kyler had just stuck his finger down Eldon's throat but on closer examination I see something white in Eldon's mouth. Kyler had found a small, white, plastic thing and put it into Eldon's open mouth. Eldon was choking and I got to fish out the thing. Eldon gagged a few more times afterwards making me think that there might be something else down there. But upon examination I couldn't see or find anything. After a few minutes of pure fearful tears he was able to get his breathing back to normal. Those few moments also got me to calm down and really think about how Kyler didn't know any better and it wasn't intentional. Afterwards Kyler and I had to have a talk about how things don't get placed in any eye, mouth, nose, ear, or anywhere else on Baby Eldon. So scary but I am so glad that it all turned out ok!

12 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

How scary! So glad that everyone is ok :) I love reading your experiences with Kyler and Eldon because it reassures me that Rylee and Reese's relationship is normal at this point. Basically protecting Reese from Rylee sums it up! Can't believe he's 3 months already!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Oh my goodness that is so scary! I'm so glad to hear he is okay

Alli said...

I think us mom's always have to go through something like this! So glad it turned out good! Big brothers always like helping!! :)

Your boys are adorable.. Kyler reminds me so much of Jason.. must have a very strong porter look.. :) so cute!

Deanna said...

I'm also glad he's okay!

Tanner and I had to have 'one of those talks' when Taylor was about 4 or 5 months old...now his favorite phrase is, "Taylor choke and die? No!"

I don't mean to make light of your situation by any means...But if Tanner can learn it, so can Kyler!

My life in a blog said...

I remember my big brother doing things like that to me. Thank goodness everything is ok! Happy 3 months Eldon!! :)

Alicia Bunderson said...

How scary! I'm glad that Eldon is ok. Big brothers, got to love them!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Oh my gosh, so scary! I am sure Kyler thought he was being a helpful big brother! I am glad Eldon is ok! Your boys are so cute, Eldon looks just like Kyler! love it!

Jodi said...

You can tell you are a seasoned veteren mom now. I like how you patiently noted that Kyler didn't intend to hurt him. I need to be more loving like that. I have had similar incidents with Austin and I am definately not using my "nice" voice. I guess that what brothers do is put each other's lives in danger. It is the brotherly bond.

My heart jumped as I read it. I am glad he is okay.

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

Oh, moments like that are what make parenting so dang difficult and scary! I'm glad he's okay.

Nate and Hilary said...

Gotta love those kinds of talks. Like you said in one of your previous posts, saying things you never thought you would have to say!

Lauri said...

Whew! That is scary! I'm a little afraid of that kind of stuff when this new baby comes. It's true though that they don't know any better. You have to try really hard to remember that.

Todd and Andrea Kestner Family said...

I have always felt that no kids would reach adulthood if it weren't for those blessed guardian angels. I know I've sure needed them.