Sunday, September 14, 2008

Being a Mother of Two and Our Latest Adventures

I've been asked by a few people how I've adapted to being a mother of two. While contemplating my answer I've looked over my blog and realized that it has been a long time since I've just written to write. Maybe I think that people wont really read it or that I don't really have much to share. Perhaps its true and no one will read it, but its kind of nice to just write. I love being a mother of two!! I heard that if you have a hard time with two children, three children will be easy and if you have an easy time with two, three will be hard. I guess this means that Eldon will be our last . . . just kidding, I guess our third will be hard. Though I must say I never expected to have come out of my mouth things like: "Kyler, Eldon's head is off limits", "Eldon can't catch golf balls yet, so please stop throwing them at him", or "Can openers aren't meant to be used on babies." Despite some moments of pure overwhelmingness (is that a real word?) it has been wonderful to have two boys! Kyler is talking so much more and saying hilarious things and Eldon is starting to smile and coo! I love it! And I'm realizing more and more why we are blessed with boys, daughters would be deeply emotional scarred if I was their mother! Thank goodness for frogs, balls, T-Rex's, and wrestling!

The lastest in our lives is we went to the Utah State Fair last Monday and had a great time talking to animals, riding rides, and eating ice cream!


Kyler started PreSchool- I got emotional isn't that crazy? It's only for two hours and I had a hard time not crying! Seriously Nursery is the same amount of time and I have no troubles there!


And here is proof that he can't sing his ABC's correctly but he can count to 12 . . . Kyler not Eldon!! Also proof that I don't do my make-up or hair any more. (But I finally fit into my pre-pregnancy pants this week yahoo!!)

13 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

You are such a darling mommy! I loved the video, way cute!!!

Jenny said...

Overwhelmingness is MOST DEFINITELY a word after you have two kids! ;) Your boys are so cute and I LOVE the picture of Kyler all ready for school. He is getting so big. I like you, so anytime you want to write just to write, I will totally read it by the way!!

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

You have the cutest family ever! I can't believe how big Kyler is getting, and that he is in Preschool!!!!

Familia Morales said...

Loved the video! Yeah for preschool-glad I'm not the only emotional mom out there. And yippee for that saying...if we ever have a #3 it should be way easy!

My life in a blog said...

If you do have a daughter someday, there's no way she could be emotionally scarred from you...maybe super tough from having big brothers, but you are a great mom!! Yay for fitting back into old clothes!! I get sad when Stuart keeps Alana during Relief Society...can I call you when she starts pre-school? :)

Steph and Adam Robison said...

Dang Jenny...Kyler is one smart dude. Schad can count to 3, but I guess Kyler does have a whole 2 months on him. I guess I need to work harder teaching him things.

Todd and Andrea Kestner Family said...

I love it. So cute!! Thanks for keeping your blog up to date so I can keep up on your fam.

Alli said...

Jen, Two boys are a lot of fun! It is very fun having them close together in age.. Your two are adorable!! YOU GO GIRL!! always a great accomplishment to fit in your old jeans! :)

Jessica said...

I like hearing you just write because it's all the things I'm always thinking!! Hooray for 2 kids huh...two is fun. You're such an awesome mommy and a little girl would adore you =)

Alicia Bunderson said...

Your boys are so cute! I just think Kyler would be so fun to have around our house. He would love all the animals in our backyard!

Dalling Family said...

That is the cutest little video of Kyler. Smarty pants! At least he has some of the letters and tune down :)

The Stone's said...

I love how Kyler just sang a little quieter when he was unsure of the words. Trevor does the same thing!Ü And I'm glad to hear you're doing so well... I hope I can do just as well, except I'm pretty sure there's already some emotional scarring! Poor Sawyer!

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

Well, he knows the tune pretty well...that's a start! Cute!