As a family we went horseback riding on Saturday and then on to the Demolition Derby . . .yep a true blue Wyoming weekend. Kyler was sooo excited to ride the horses. We kept telling him that after nap we would go and ride them, so after breakfast he looked at me and said "Nap now mom?" He's never been so excited for something his whole life! So it was a lot of fun. He was a great horseman and wasn't afraid to ride by himself and let his horse trot a little. Me on the other hand . . .wow I could learn a few things from my son. At least he didn't let his horse wander out on to someones lawn or just repeatedly say "whoa, whoa, whoa" every two seconds, or have to ask a random passing girl if she could help "get me off this thing!" Despite all my little mishaps I did enjoy myself and hope to become as good as my two-year-old!
Kyler ready to go!
Eldon trying it out.Travis getting ready to take Eldon out on his first ride.
Then on to the derby! Kyler thought that every crash was hilarious. He'd laugh and laugh every time. It was adorable. I don't know why it is so thrilling to witness cars painted up ridiculously hit into each other, but it is. Maybe I'm just becoming a true red neck but I found it all very entertaining.
Watching the demolition!
Entertaining ourselves in between the different heats.
9 comments:
oh how fun! You guys!! Such a FUN Family!!
You have the coolest family! You are always out playing and doing fun things :) I love it!
You go red neck woman :o)
Erin
I can imagine you riding a horse! That sounds like so much fun, I'm glad your little man enjoyed it too!
Love demolition derby's, and horse back riding for that matter! Sounds like you guys are really embrassing those Wyoming roots! Love Eldon on the horse, what a little cowboy!
Oh Jenny! You are truly a bloom where you are planted kind a girl. I am so impressed with how you have embraced the Wyoming culture. I am sure you have brought so much personality and fun to that place. It will never be the same.
How fun!!! You guys are all so cute!
Oh how much fun! And I guess Dave and I would fit right in at Wyoming. We already do those things and really enjoy them. And your horse experience sound a lot like mine. Dave's niece had to teach me how to ride. =) It looks like you had fun!
that looks so fun! I haven't been to a demo derby forever. We used to go all the time! I'm a little afraid of horses myself!
Post a Comment