Friday, September 25, 2009

The More Info to Come

Here is our story . . . now some people don't like to read these, I love to read other peoples birthing stories. But I shall not get offended if you don't read it and just skip to look at the pictures but for those of you who like to know, here is how Isaac came into our family.


As I stated in an eariler post on the 23rd I had a Dr.'s appointment to check baby out. We arrived and they did the stress test. The Dr. said "Well . . . it isn't terrific. But if you are feeling him move then he's probably ok." See they like to see that when the baby moves their heart rate goes up, but baby was just staying very close to 150. So then they checked my water to see if there was still enough fluid in there. Well turns out I had too much fluid. The fear of having too much water is that when it breaks it could take the umbilical cord with it. So then he went to check me. I was a seven. The Dr. recommended that I go over to the hospital.

So we went home got packed, figured out a babysitter, called my mother, and kind of just took our time. As we dropped the boys off at the babysitter Eldon just started crying which of course set me off as I realized in a few hours that wasn't going to be my baby any more!
Last picture before going to the hospital.
We got to the hospital around 12:00, did paper work, changed, and got all hooked up. When they hooked me up it showed that I was having a lot of contractions. "Can't you feel that?" "Um . . . kind of." I know way super lucky!! So they asked if I was going to do it natural or wanted an epidural. I hadn't decided, so as they went to call just to see where the epidural man was at and I tried to make a decision. I was already a seven, Eldon went really quick . . . I'M A WIMP. Bring on the drugs I decided!
All the Dr.'s were in surgery so we waited an hour and a half until they came. Then I had a student do it, since I had only one that worked on one side last time they took FOREVER to figure it all out and make it work. Then we waited until the Dr. came. We knew that once my water broke baby would be here! So we waited for two more hours . . . seriously if I had done it natural I would have already had a baby there and been recovering in my room.
Anyways the Dr. came, dialated to an eight, broke my water, he left to check on another patient. Oh what is this? Hard contractions, feeling everything once again on my left side!! I didn't say anything for awhile because the Dr. had said he was going to be right back and I knew that once he came in we were going to be pushing. Well they were getting harder and I was feeling very ready to push. So I told Travis, right as my nurse came in with the new nurse that was on for the night. I told them I could feel everything on the left side and that I was ready to push. "Oh Dr. Hansen just went home. You need to wait for him!" What!!!! So we waited . . . and I don't know how many of you have felt like pushing before and had to wait for a Dr. but it stinks!! Anyways he walked in, sat down, two contractions later Isaac was coming out with the cord wrapped around his neck and his shoulder. (For those of you who are time people, Isaac came 35 minutes after my water broke, and about seven minutes after Dr. made it back)
With Dr. Hansen


With my nurse who literally walked into work and grabbed one of my legs to help me push.
We were all surprised at how big he was. Travis and I were even more surprised at how different he looks from the other two boys. We are so grateful for my mother for coming up and taking the boys! It was a load off our minds to know that they were ok. And thanks to all the friends that stopped by and visited!! We loved having you come and it was so fun to show him off.
My Mom with Isaac

Eldon not to sure about this.

Kyler's first look at him.


So that's the story. We feel like we were so blessed through the whole experience. We have a billion more pictures but purhaps that will be for a later post. Thanks for all your words of love and encouragement, we hope you get the chance to meet Isaac some day because he's pretty darn great!!

P.S. If you are wondering how he got the name Isaac. Well we went to the hosiptal with a list of names. It has been quite the discussion for the last nine months about what his name was going to be. We were left alone with him for a little bit after he was born. We took our list out and then we both told the names that we thought fit him best. Out of the two from Travis and the three of mine, Isaac was the only one that matched. So Isaac he became and Isaac he will stay!!

25 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Sweet! And lucky you, not feeling much being at a 7. Glad to know everything went okay. I love the picture of you with Porter and Eldon. That's too cute. And Isaac is adorable.

Jewls said...

Congrats Jenni! He's a sweet little guy! I like the name too! :)

Alicia said...

He is so cute Jenni! Congrats!

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

I love it! I think it's awesome that you made it to a seven without even being in the hospital, and not even knowing it, holy crap! He really is so so cute you look so good, I'm just so happy for you! And NEVER say you are a wimp for getting drugs! Drugs or not, childbirth is HARD!!! And wonderful!:) (especially with a big baby...Way to go!!!) I love you!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Yeah!! What fun!! Happy to hear things are going well!! Love the pictures of the boys!!

Deanna said...

Congratulations! I don't think I could have been that strong...no drugs on one side??? Wow. I'm impressed! I ALWAYS get an epidural and I ALWAYS will plan on one!

He's a cutie...I love the picture of Eldon, not quite sure WHAT to think! :)

Ashley Wray said...

Congrats, sounds like everything went smoothly (except the whole feeling everything on your left side part!) He is so cute, and I think you look great! Good luck and hope you are getting some rest, congrats again!

Jessica said...

Oh I'm like you...I love hearing birthing stories! So thanks for sharing yours. he's a doll and he's got a great family to take care of him...congrats!

Alli said...

That is super awesome! way to go! Glad everyting went great! He is pretty special! Treasure every min. They sure grow SUPER FAST!!

Steph and Adam Robison said...

YAY..Congrats!! He looks adorable, and your right he doesnt look very much like the other two. I can't believe you have 3 kids...no 3 boys!! Crazy!! Love you guys!

Andrea said...

Thanks for the pictures I was very anxious to see this little guy. He is adorable!!

My life in a blog said...

I love that story! I'm glad he came fast, and you look super gorgeous! Good job! (ps a little jealous that you were at a 7 before feeling like you were in labor! :))

Alicia Bunderson said...

I'm so glad that everything went well! YOu look great. and he is darling. Congrats Jenni!

Erin Dooley said...

That is quite the story! I am so happy for you and your boys! You are beautiful and baby Isaac is ADORABLE! I hope that your recovery is quick and that you are feeling like yourself again soon! Congratulations and I look forward to more posts with or course...more pictures!:)

Christine said...

Yeahhhh another boy! You look great Jenni! Thanks for sharing your story, you didn't have to start it out with a tear jerker though, how sweet is that picture with you and your boys before you went in. What a sweet moment to reflect on. I am glad everything went Ok you were more patient with the doctor than I would've been when I feel like pushing someone better be there to catch!!!!! I don't wait real well. Scary that he had the cord wrapped around his neck and shoulder, I am glad he made it here safe :) Another sweet little spirit straight from heaven. I can't wait to see him. I love the name Isaac by the way! Andreas was concerned of how you were going to spell it and according to him you passed his spelling B. We are praying for you to have a quick recovery. Love you all! Congrats to your family.

Manda Jane Clawson said...

I love hearing baby stories, thanks for sharing! He is such a cute little guy! Seriously, you look great in all the pictures too

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Love the post, love the baby, love all of you! Eldon's response is so classic. WTG Jenni.

Vudochki said...

Thanks for sharing your story! I too LOVE reading birth stories! It truly is a miraculous thing! I can't believe you were at a 7 and were feeling ok! The furthest I ever got dialated was a small 2 or 3 I can't remember. I just remember them not wanting to say a larger number and give me any hope. I wish you and your sweet family the best! What a beautiful family you have!
~The Wood Family :)

Nate and Hilary said...

Congratulations, Jenni!

Lindsey& Jason said...

YAY... he's such a cutie. Congrats.. oh and where is the pic of me and ashlee with you huh? just kidding. glad everything went well.

The Stone's said...

SO GREAT! I can't believe you were at a seven and you could still walk! If you're a whimp, I'm a worm! You're so tough! And he's so adorable! What a cute momma with three SUPER cute boys! Guess I better have a third girl, then we'll have a Hogman boy for every Stone girl! Love you!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet birth story! I am glad things went well. That is funny that you said you were surprised by his weight because I was really surprised when Quinn came out at 8lbs 7.5oz and was 20.5 inches long so I know how you feel! He is still super cute though, congrats!!

maynardmoments said...

Thanks for sharing the story. How the heck could you be at a 7 and not feel anything...are you superwoman! Wow! I am so glad all went well. He is adorable.

Andrea :) said...

What a story! You look so fabulous in all the pictures! What is your secret?

Congrats on another sweet little guy!

jed-laura said...

congrats. I'm glad he's ok with the cord around his neck and all. We miss you all. Your kids are great. THe pictures are priceless. What a good healthy baby. It is surprising he's so big, good thing you had the drugs!! Big is soooooooooooooo cute.
-Laura