So being a mother of three boys, I've thought a lot about what it means to have boys. And I've come to decide that there are a lot of great things which come from being a mother of only boys. For instance . . .
In Kyler's costume he has to wear tights . . . I am so glad that I have boys where I don't have to put tights on them every Sunday! Goodnight, who came up with tights small enough for children? Whew it's a work out just getting them on them. So plus number one, they can go tight-less.
In Preschool there are not very many boys, in nursery there aren't very many boys. Every time I go to these places I'm reminded how great it is that I just have to brush my boys hair and ta-da they are done! No curlers, no elastics, no screaming. Ahh the joys of boys hair!!
Plus number three, when Mom has nervous breakdown, boys don't remember it 30 seconds later. And when I apologize for my breakdown "Oh that's o-tay mom!" Thank goodness I wont have to pay millions in therapy for the emotional baggage they might carry around if they were girls.
Since I am breastfeeding Isaac I've gotten a lot of time to watch my boys. The other day I watched as Kyler started to lead Eldon to the bottom of the stairs. "Come here Eldon, sit right here." I then watched as he proceeded to climb up four stairs. "Alright, I'm going to jump over you." Yeah for boys and their games! Don't worry I intervened before any jumping took place.
When you make hot dogs for dinner, you are the best person in the world! And you get comments like "Mom you're my best friend!" Without so many boys I never would have known the power of a hot dog!
Yeah having boys is pretty darn great! Nothing compares to the joys of hearing them laughing together. And even though they don't get along all the time they are still great friends! I've started to think a lot of how I want them to truly like each other. I've often wonder how Lucy Mack Smith did it, how do you get sibilings to have such a great relationship as Hyrum and Joseph did? Any thoughts?? Anyways the basis of this post, is yeah I'm pretty darn lucky!
10 comments:
You just had to bring up that you probably get to sleep about two hours longer than I do every morning just because of the hair thing!!! hahaha:) I love this post! And that they will all want to become missionaries...so sweet! They can all serve missions while I'm saving money to try and pay for four weddings!!! With all my luck they'll serve missions and want big weddings! I know...I'm in for it!:)
I have three older brothers and now that they are grown up they still like each other...here is what my parents did...they had the boys all sleep in the same room, work together and do the majority of their playing together-it seemed to work. not too hard right! love you cute boys...and yes tights are dumb. I am not looking forward to winter for that reason.
You have the cutest boys ever!! LOVE this post!!
Love the post!! What fun have 3 boys!! And they are all so good looking, love it!!
I would have to agree, boys are fun! They are easy going compared to girls and they love their mother. I have a ton of fun with my 4 boys, they just grow up too fast though in a 1 1/2 yrs half of my boys will have moved out. I don't look forward to that! Enjoy the circus of boys because before you know it they will be on their own.
Cute post, your three little guys sure are cute! I'm so with on you on wanting my kiddos to be good friends. Sometimes they are, and somedays they aren't. I guess that's just the way it goes :) Glad you guys are doing well!
I have to agree with everything you said. I LOVE boys!!
Boys are so much fun! I ALWAYS loved hanging out with my brothers. He is ADORABLE! so cute and you look GREAT! Hope to see you soon!
AMEN!!
what a fun post about boys! Good thing I have a little boy!! And I think if you were to ask Lucy Mack Smith about Hyrum and Joseph she would tell you they fought a little when they were younger too! They are awesome men, but still human!
Post a Comment