Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sleeping at the Hogman House

With the addition of a new family member our regular schedule has been thrown for a little bit of a loop. I'm not complaining! I probably have the best sleeping newborn in the world. We get up only one time every night with him and have had only one sleepless night to date (knock on wood, now that I've admitted our luck Eldon will probably never sleep again!!). But the demands of a two year old and a newborn has been more rewarding and more exhausting then we could ever have imagined! And we love it! I thought you'd like to see how we all have handled the situation:


Grandma Porter taking a much deserved rest with Eldon. Thanks again Mom for coming up and taking care of us!!

Kyler and Travis having some quality time together.

Travis giving Eldon just as much quality time as Kyler.


Eldon taking a snooze . . . it is very hard being a new born after all! (Also one of my favorite pictures of him!)

22 comments:

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

He is SO cute! I love how filled out his cheeks are already! Congrats! It's nice to catch a snooze whenever possible with babies around...good for you!

Ashley Wray said...

Got to love naps, and with newborns they are a requirement! Wow, Eldon sounds like an awesome sleeper. Send some of those good vibes my way! What cute pictures!

Deanna said...

You are soooo positive! You are my hero! Keep it up...those pictures are adorable!

The Harding Hive said...

Oh my goodness Jenni, he is so little. Mine seems so big, seeing him so little. I love that picture of him all curled up with his legs underneath him on his daddy's chest. What a cutie.

Alli said...

OH they all are so cute!! Looks like you guys are really living it up!! or sleeping it up!! haha

jed-laura said...

You should have been sleeping instead of taking pictures of everyone else sleeping...

Your positive attitude about the sleepless times is great. Here's to hoping your child stays a sleepy one at night!

-Jed

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Eldon sleeping on Travis - he just looks so teeny (the baby, not your husband!).

Dalling Family said...

OH they are all so cute! I can't wait to have a new babe in the house again, but then again maybe I can?!?! :-)

Familia Morales said...

Way cute!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

That is darling! Hooray for new babies!!! I do hope things are okay for you guys. Two lil guys must be exhausting. I do have to say I love Eldon's skinny minny bird legs! He is so tiny!

The Stone's said...

That is so stinkin' cute! I love it! And I just love that little baby! What a stud!!! I don't think we're coming to Evanston anytime soon, but maybe we'll just have to plan it because I really need to see you!

Laura said...

Eldon is so cute! It's so exhausting in the first two months, how did you find the energy to blog? Cute pics. I wish I was there to see the babe.
-Laura

Wardles said...

Those are darling pictures! Eldon is SO cute. I love those cheeks! I am so happy that everything is going well with you. I'm sure you'll get used to it all soon!

Unknown said...

The family is so beautiful! I miss you guys tons!!

My life in a blog said...

Again, such cute boys!! I love Eldon's little cheeks! Alana still hasn't gotten chub, sadly! Seriously, good job Jen and Travis! What a sweet family!

maynardmoments said...

Yea! Another awesome Hogman enters the world! This is Ben by the way. I am so happy for you guys. Truly, you are one of the best families I know and I mean that. The new boy is very cute too. Congrats again and I hope we can see you guys soon somehow.

Lauri said...

Lucky girl! Only once during the night! Very cute pictures. I didn't see any of you sleeping! I hope you get to rest, too!

Harper said...

Congratulations, Jenni! :) You have a beautiful family!

Also, I found out the other day that you know Sam and Brye Crockett. Sam is my cousin. Small world ...

Erin Darrington said...

I literally did laugh out loud at these pictures and their comments. Especially the one about Travis "bonding" with his sons. Too cute. Hope you are keeping you sanity and a little sleep!!
Erin

Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl said...

We love our dogs! They are so much fun. We are pretty sure Bella is pregnate if you want one! ;)

Your boys are so adorable! You have a darling family. If you don't mind me asking, how much older is Travis then you? Is it 7 years? My husband Aaron is 8 years older then me.

Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Look at how cute everyone is asleep! I really like the last picture the best though! He is so cute!

Nate and Hilary said...

That last picture of Eldon is adorable! What a little cutie. Glad to hear your mom came to help out. I don't know what I would do without the occasional visits from my mom! They're lifesavers!