Friday, July 6, 2012

Going Stir Crazy in June

Soooo last month I just needed to get away.  You know the feeling, where you just have to get out of town.  So I called Travis up and asked him if we could go somewhere....now.  He said "No, but give me a few hours."  So after lunch he arrived home.   We just randomly threw a few things into the van and just drove off, not sure quite where we were off to.  We ended up at Meeks Resevoir.  We got out of the car felt the cold water and decided against swimming or inflating our raft.  Instead we took a hike.
 Seriously all of Isaac's pictures look like this, with that cute face he makes, winking one eye.  But every time it melts my heart.
 Went down a secret pathway that Kyler forged, sat by the water, and ate some trailmix.  Threw some rocks in, and climbed a little more.
 It was also there that Isaac had his first Sagebrush episode.  He tripped and literally hugged one.  He came up and then two minutes later had a cough attack...nothing terrifying but enough for us all to go "Oh my this is what happens when Isaac meets Sagebrush."   But after the cough attack that lasted, a minute, he was back to his jolly ways.
 We gathered wood to make a fire...because we really were cold.
 Isaac doing his share
 Maggie waited and found what she could scavenge....yes all the pics of her in this post is eating.
 Got dirty hands
 nasty noses...please tell me others have pictures like this.
 Then Maggie informed us it was time to roast some hotdogs.
 Which we did...
 My five favorite people!  Seriously look at them, doesn't your heart just burst?  Ok probably not, but mine does.
It was a great trip.  I talked Travis' ear off most of the time.  And he did what he does best, he listened, truly listened.  I always don't think he is listening but then he comes back with the whole conversation almost completely perfect word for word.  It was rejuvenating.  Completely theraputic. 
When I was a child I used to think that once I grew up I wouldn't make any more mistakes.  I would be perfect, life would then consist of me helping my children with their mistakes.  Not true.  I make plenty....you know most of them because I post it on the blog for the whole world to read...another mistake.  But there are five things that I have done right- married Travis, and then the next four I brought into the world riduculously close together, but it was right.   I look at this picture with Kyler itching his ear, Eldon holding his roaster solemly because he just got in trouble for using it as a sword, Isaac roasting his hot dogs like ten feet from the pit not understanding why it is taking so long to get done, Maggie close to the edge of the table, and Traivs putting hot dogs on for Eldon to roast, and I just smile.  Thank goodness for those moments that we can take a be together and to get that constant reminder that this is what is right in this world.  And that no matter how many mistakes I make, I have at least five people that love me unconditionally and are willing to help me back up, brush me off, and hold my hand as I continue on.  Thank goodness for families...eternal families.

4 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

You are seriously the cutest family ever :)

Familia Morales said...

Love it! And we have our share of nasty nose pictures.

The Stone's said...

I love getaways and more importantly listening husbands! And we have nasty nose pictures hanging on our wall. We keep it real over here! I miss you!

Cindy Spratling said...

I am dying laughing at the dirt in the nose picture! That is classic and yes it happens to all our kids. I only wish I had such a great picture to prove it! And yay for spur of the moment getaways and husbands that listen when you just need to talk. I catch myself doing that a lot :)
Miss you guys!