This is what our summer has looked like so far....
Sleep overs:
Climbing trees
T-Ball
Scooter riding with helmets on backwards
Secret Agents (I planned a date night for me and Travis based on Mission Impossible because that is one of his favorite movies. So I asked Kyler to dress up like a secret agent and deliver Travis a message from me. I told him that Secret Agents don't smile. And he practiced different things that he could say...some of which included a bow at the end, but he ended up just handing him the note, lifting his eyebrows twice and walking away. It was classic! He didn't even break into a smile until the van door was closed.)
Chucky Cheese, where a kid can be a kid
Making dinner together...I'm trying this thing where one kid a night makes dinner with me. So far, fantastic! They are going to be so prepared for missions, college, and marriage...that is if I can keep going with it. Anyone else get good ideas and then two weeks of being so excited about it, it kind of falters and dies? Sad, but that is how I am a lot of the time. So I hope I keep up with this because it is a great time for one on one and teaching moments...for me not necessarily for them!
Maggie loves, loves, LOVES dolls. Especially this doll. Remember it? It's the Maggie doll that Eldon got her for Christmas. New outfit? Why yes I made that interesting beauty all by myself.

Getting muddy
and getting sprayed off before entering the house
Playing by the river
throwing rocks,
building homes with bridges for water beetles (this is sooo Eldon. I found this cool green beetle and he became so fascinated with it that he spent a good twenty or more minutes trying to track it's moves and building it a home.)
venturing out
making musical instruments
being together.
I think that is what summer is all about.
























2 comments:
I want to be you. you are super cute and positive and you are the best mom ever!
Your kids are so adorable! I am loving all of the posts and the pictures. You are a wonderful mom with great ideas. Your kids are so lucky.
Post a Comment