Tuesday, July 17, 2012

June 2012- Brady Reunion

At the end of June we had a Brady reunion- my Mom's side.  I know a lot of people don't like reunions but you know what...I do.  I love hugging people I haven't seen in a long time.  I love laughing with Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins, that live far away.  I love eating good food.  I love seeing my cousins be parents.  I love seeing who they married.  I love playing old games and singing old songs.  And I love the flood of memories that come when all this is going on.  The campouts, the letters, the holidays, the broken limbs, the make believe, the plays, the park adventures, the dress ups, the sleep overs, the laughs, the accidents, the traditions, and everything in between.


 Brady traditiong- BUNKO!!!  It is always so hard to decide what prize to pick...what did he choose?  Shoe polish.

 I was blessed to have a lot of cousins born around the same time as me.  This one is Alicia!  And I seriously love her.  Oh my heck so many great memories with her! 

 My Grandparents.  I love them!  I remember being kind of scared of my Grandpa as I was growing up.  But it seems that over the past 15 years or so I have come to see him in a totally new light.  I appreciate him more as an individual.  I can't explain how my heart bursts when I see him with my children.  Or when he tells me he is proud of me.  Those words mean the world to me because I know that he doesn't just say things like that, he means them.  I love how he remembers all of my children's first and middle name, birthday, and where they were born and blessed.  He truly is a wonderful man and I am lucky to have him as my Grandpa.  Oh and then there is my Grandma.  It is the hardest to see how much the past few years have affected her.  One of my absolute favorite memories of her is tap dancing with her in my parents dining room.  It wasn't even that long ago...six years...maybe ten.  Doesn't seem that long.  But she is one person who has always had a song, made up or real she always had a song ready.  I want to be more like her.  I want to have her sweet disposition, kind smile, and her sincerity.  These two people are two of my heroes.
 It was a hot day at that reunion so we came back to my parents house and had a water party for the kiddos.






 Steve getting in on the action...
Isaac retaliating
 Defeat is always a hard thing!

 James wasn't too happy with the situation either.



And of course this always makes my heart happy- the three of them not only playing together but helping each other.
Family ...isn't it about time.  Sorry couldn't resist.  As I went to end this that is the first thing I thought of.  Remember those old Mormon commercials?  And they would say that at the end of every one?  Anyways it was a great day of family.  I truly do feel blessed to have the family I have and that includes husband, kids, parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.  It is definately a blessing.

2 comments:

Alicia Bunderson said...

Loved the reunion as well! I think it is so fun to see everyone all grown up! you are one amazing woman! I love you too!

The Stone's said...

Oh my! You're so funny. I loved those old mormon commercials. And I love you!