Every summer our stake hikes around Mirror Lake and every year we go. We love it. Though we did get off late this year and almost missed it. And it did start pouring almost the minute the hike started! But it was still a lot of fun.
It was so cold that Eldon had to wear sweat shirt over his clothes.
Man look how tired I was. Not from the hike but it looks like the last time I slept was ...never. Don't remember why I was sooo tired.
But because I was so tired, after a drive we took, Travis took the kids by himself and hiked to a small piece of snow he saw way out of the distance. I stayed in the van and slept. Then I woke up looked at the time and realized he really did go all the way to the snow. When they got back Travis informed me he had to go all the way back, somehow he had lost his phone. So he went back up.
Yes he did find the phone. And we kept the rock that he knelt on when he prayed in gratitude that it was found and not broken. A miracle for sure! Everyone else was exhausted when we were on our way home...I don't know why, I felt great!







No comments:
Post a Comment