Thursday, August 2, 2012

An Olympic Girls Camp

I know it's August 1st and I was on a real roll for a while and I thought that I was going to be all caught up before the month ended but then...the month ended and I wasn't.  So let's see where did I leave off?  Oh yes girls camp!  I was able to go up to girls camp for most of the days.  It was Olympic themed...we were the ward of Integrity, Purple, Nation of Ammon, and also known as the Pansies (Little Purple Pansies), anways delightful.  We have such great girls in our ward.  No major drama, and just simply delightful to be around.  We started off camp by running the torch, not to excited about it but it ended up being amazing.  So proud of our girls.  Each ward had to run the equivalent of a 5k, we got ours done in 40 minutes, most of the girls ran the whole time it was there turn.  We cheered each other, we laughed together, it was splendid!
 Of course we crafted, what would be camp without a craft?
 We actually had time to sit around our camp and chat and laugh and read.
 And any time I get to spend with this crazy lady it is a guaranteed good time.  Seriously this girl makes me laugh until I almost pee my pants.
 And we saw a lot of this, this year.  We were given the challenge to read the book of mormon as a ward before/during camp.  We also took time to talk about the pages we were given to read and it was so awe-inspiring to hear what the girls had to share.  I was so humbled by their knowledge and by how deeply they learned by reading the scriptures.
As always it was a fantastic experience.  My testimony grew leaps and bounds.  Set new goals for myself and came away with a greater determination to be a better Daughter of God.

1 comment:

Alicia Bunderson said...

love girls camp! I wish we had young woman in our ward! (we only have 2 so they go to a different wards YW) I be the girls just adore you!