Friday, August 10, 2012

Vernal Trip of Funness

One morning I woke up and realized that the summer was quickly coming to a close and we hadn't done all the stuff on our summer to-do list.  Travis was working and so I called around and packed up the car and took the kids to Vernal by myself.  Crazy...yes.  But we had a great time.  We didn't get into town until in the afternoon so we got into the hotel and then drove around town.  We found the temple first and got a picture in front of it.
 We then went across the street and walked through the museum of the Daughters of the Pioneers.  I wish I had a picture of it but Maggie saw a case of dolls and hugged the glass.  She LOVES dolls!  Then we went to the movies.  We saw the latest Ice Age movie.  Me alone with four kids in a movie theater....interesting.  It wouldn't have been so bad but the only treat that we could find that Isaac could eat was a giant Kit Kat.  It was soo hot in the movie theater that it was a melted mess by the time the movie started.  I looked over and Isaac was covered with chocolate as he was licking it out of the wrapper.  Such a mess!  I had to use our napkins and dump some of our drink on to it and try to scrape off the chocolate.
 By the end of the movie Isaac was running up and down the isle and I was standing up and bouncing Maggie, and trying to loudly tell Eldon not to eat things off the floor.  We then went to McDonald's and had dinner and the kids could run around the playground.  Then for the first time ever in my motherhood life a child of mine set off the fire alarm.  Kyler went out the wrong door and set it off.  He felt awful!  I felt overwhelmed...we went back to the hotel.   Oh that room!  The door didn't close all the way...in fact when we got back to the hotel the door was still open....had to check to make sure nothing was stolen.  Anyways and there was no lock on the door and you had to hold the toilet handle down for two minutes for it to work and the fan in the bathroom sounded like a space shuttle was going to take off while tickiling a gorilla with a cold.  It was crazy!  But it was cheapest we could find!  Gave the kids baths and then we watched cartoons for a while.  Finally we all feel asleep to watching Finding Nemo.
 Kyler and Isaac slept together, Maggie slept on the floor in a sleeping bag, and I got the privilege of sleeping with movey-kicky pants Eldon.
 Next day we woke up, ate at the continental breakfast and then watched some more cartoons while I packed up the van.  Then we headed out to the reason we went to Vernal- the Dino Museum!



 It was wonderful!  And as course as you all know they have these giant dino's outside.  Each kid picked their favorite to get their picture by.






 Then we heard it was their County Fair.  So we stopped by.



 By then I was done.   So we started the 3 hour drive home.  It was beautiful scenery!
Crazy, yes.  And it was cray herding my children by myself on our adventures.  But the kids really were great to stay with me and listen.  I feel so humbled to be their mom.  It was a wonderful adventure!  So many great memories!

This is my last post as an unprivate blog.  If you missed that memo, we are going private just because of the stories we have heard lately about creepiness.  Nothing has happened to us personally but want to keep it that way.  So if you want an invite please let me know.

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow very brave of you but what great memories you're making :) You're such a great example of the mom I want to be for my littles!

Alicia Bunderson said...

you really are super mom!

Rissy & Spence said...

I hope we can stay in contact our email address is nichols4ml@gmail.com & here is our blog address as well nichols-spencer-marissa.blogspot.com hope we can stay in contact dear friend from hunter Jr High & Hunter high school u are still my awesome friend & so inspirational as well u always were & of course now.. Keep up the amazing work in raising ur beautiful children u are doing fabulous job as well, raising them in the True Gospel.. Love your friend Marissa (Bowler) & Spencer Nichols

Angela said...

WoW!!!!

please let me keep peeking at you life.

angela4stark
atyahoo

Kjersti said...

Send me an invite- zuatheavenger@yahoo.com

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Wow!!! Supermom!!!!

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

You really are amazing. I love you. Please pease invite me. You should have my address:)

Tyler and Sheena said...

You're awesome! Please invite me tylerandsheena@hotmail.com

Erin Darrington said...

keep us in the know! waterbabe51(at)gmail(dot)com
we went to vernal this year too, jane loved the dino museum. just the right size for a kid her age

Bluemel's said...

you brave brave woman....Invite please :) travelingzombie@yahoo.com. way to jump on the private bandwagon!! I love your guts and can't wait to see you in October :D

Steve, Erin, Raegan, Brock & Bryn said...

I don't know if I ever let you know, but we'd love an invite to your private blog! Bastian56@gmail.com

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

YOU. ARE. BRAVE!!! :) You're also a wonderful, amazing lady and mom! Good for you. Can I still see your blog? I sign in under my husband's email, so I'll give you his. It's stewart67@gmail.com. Thanks!

The Stone's said...

You are brave. I don't dare to go to the store with all the kids, let alone Vernal. And I'm so jealous you got to go to Wicked. Love you!!!! And miss you so much!

The Stone's said...

Oh... and invite. Duh. emmasmom44@hotmail.com

Steph and Adam Robison said...

Not sure if I already gave you my email or not but just in case it is rstephandadam@yahoo.com

Snedakers said...

I want an invite!! snedaker13649@yahoo.com

Familia Morales said...

Wow! You are beyond awesome!