Tuesday, August 7, 2012

WICKED!!!!!

One day eight years ago my past roommate Kjersti came into my apartment.  I was engaged to Travis and it had been a while since the two of us had chatted.  She asked me if I had heard about this great new musical on Broadway, I hadn't.  Kjersti was constantly introducing me to new musicals.  Anyway she hoped onto our computer and then showed me every clip we could find of Wicked.  She then burned me a CD of the music.  I have loved it ever since and have wanted to go.  But money was tight.  We had to finish school, and then we kept having children.  This year Travis bought tickets for me in January and kept it a secret until my birthday.  And then on the magical day of July 20th we went to see it.


It was magical!  It was fantastic!  It was amazing!  It was everything I had ever hoped it would be.  The overture had barely started when I turned to Travis with tears streaming down my face and said "This is the best birthday present EVER!"  I sat at the edge of my seat the whole time.  My program, which I usually keep open during any production I see, sat closed on my lap.  I laughed, I cried, and then did that over and and over and over again.  It was seriously a dream come true and my stud of a husband made it all the better.  It was great to sit next to him and hear him laugh at all the right moments and hold my hand.  It was seriously one of the best days ever!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Seriously lady,,, like I said before... STUNNING! What a cute couple you make :)

Cindy Spratling said...

You are so cute. It really is an amazing musical. And you and Travis are such a sweet couple. Sure wish we lived closer!