Monday, April 14, 2008

Mighty Monday

Travis actually gets Monday's off instead of Saturday's. So this is the day that we play. Today we went and flew our kite that the leprachauns left at our house on St. Patricks Day. Kyler thought it was a lot of fun!



Then we explored the river front, threw rocks in the river, and enjoyed the beauty of nature.



And Evanston always has trains going through and we have a two year old that LOVES trains. So we got up an upclose view of a passing train. The conductor really seemed happy to see us and leaned as far out the window as he could to wave at us!

4 comments:

Cindy Spratling said...

Wow, I take one week off from blogging and I miss a lot. I can't believe Kylers kiss! I thought he was saving that kind for Claire :) Man, where did he learn that :) Haha. And I love the pics of you and Kyler while Travis is at meetings. I know the feeling. And um... you are still getting curses from me for having such a small pregnant belly! When will you actually get big? Actually, I am happy for you. It would be nice not to be huge, hu. Take care.

Ashley Wray said...

How fun! Love your and Kyler's tongues, it looks like he got your genes on that end! Yay for Mondays/Saturdays, whenever dads are home to play!

Jodi said...

The train thing is so true! When i first started to date Danny he and his son Austin had this ritual of going down to the train yards in Idaho Falls. They could spend hours watching the engines pick up and unload freight cars. Sometimes they got a little too close for my comfort, but the train guys are always so nice. I think Thomas the Train has given them all an image overhaul.

Christine said...

I love all these pictures! It really is the simple things in life that make all the difference in the world these are the kind of memories I have of my parents. My kids are starting to talk about "old" things we all did and the things that touched them most are things like skipping rocks, long hikes, or just playing a board game. All the money on these big trips we took come up once in a while but the things they remember about them are things like when the deer came through camp. Creating memories is fun. It's fun to see pics of Travis being a dad. Boy did us sisters wonder sometimes how that would all work out. :)