Sister Hadfield was a pillar of strength. This is a very tender moment of her saying her last goodbyes to her sweetheart.
It really brought to my attention how precious life is and how we should take the time to tell those that we love how we feel. So, impersonal as this is I just want each of you to know how much we love and appreciate you. We are mindful of how blessed we are to have you apart of our lives and the circumstances that brought you into our lives. We appreciate past and present experiences that we have had that have resulted in you impacting our lives for the better. Thank you and we love you!
4 comments:
How sad! Pres. Hadfield is my neighbor's brother, so thanks for posting things. I saw your pictures and thought, those are my mountains and then I saw "Brigham City" and I thought that's my home! I really wondered if it was the Pres. Hadfield I knew, but I know his brother. I'm so glad you guys got to go to the funeral. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Pres. Hadfield's family.
Mission Presidents really leave lasting impressions on missionaries and also tend to have a special spirit about them that tend to touch those they meet. I was very touched at Gorans missionary reunion and saw all these men and women that are now in thier 40's and how they still have a soft place for their mission president of 20 years ago. I am sorry to hear that you lost such a great man that has made such lasting impressions on your life. How neat that you and others got to be the honorary pole bearers. Times like this make us stop and think how short and precious this life is and how we can make an impact on others in this short time (either for good or for bad)the choice is ours what we do with this life we are living. How great that you were able to be there at the reunion to be with him for one more short moment in time.
Thanks for sharing such a special story. Life really is so precious and we never know when the ones we love will be called home.
Todd hasn't seen his mission president in almost ten years and still talks how it would be great to see him again. Glad you guys got to see him before he passed away.
Post a Comment