This morning I was able to go to another doctors appointment. Everything is looking good and the babys' heartbeat was strong as ever. It's always good to go in and see that everything is as it should be. But then this afternoon after Kyler and I finished reading some stories before nap, we did our usual "sing off", which is I sing a song then he sings a song. This can go on for a good fifteen minutes, but today as I was singing the lullaby "I'm Glad that you were born", he feel asleep in my arms. I remembered some of the comments made on my last entry, so I sat there and cherished this moment with my only little boy. This doesn't happen very often, him falling asleep in my arms, and I let him sleep as I stroked his hair. In my mind the words of that lullaby that I had just sang kept coming back to me,
"Through you eyes I see clearer,
You bring God so much nearer.
Life's become so much dearer,
I'm glad that you were born."
It was such a tender moment that I had to share the beauty of it. Life has been so much dearer since his birth and I do feel as if I understand God better from being a mother. I am very glad that Kyler was born.
12 comments:
I usually want to put my hand over my mouth after a dentist visit too! They are scary!! Cute picture Jenni!! You are such a great mom!
You have to aquire an appreciation for the Dentist, I agree...but how cute is that? How very special... You really have to enjoy these moments when you get them!
I seriously got a little teary eyed reading your sweet story! I guess that I can just totally relate with an almost 2 year old and another one on the way! Way to go to the dentist, I guess I don't even know when kids are suppose to go, but we should get on the ball!
I work at a pediatric dentist, and if you can come out of there with no tantrums and no tears at his age, well, you're doing pretty good! That really was a tender moment. I love when that happens! And you really have to take the time to enjoy those moments, because they don't happen often enough!
What a sweet little story abotu Kyler falling asleep. I love that you two have a sing off, that is so fun and I bet he will remember it forever!
You are the cutest Mommy I love it!
I love those pictures at the dentist office. At least he cooperated part of the time until he figured it out! I love it when they fall asleep in your arms and they are so peaceful! It's those tender moments that make everything worth it! :)
hello from the lawtons! Of course we remember you. How exciting, to be a mother of two. It really is a million times better than I thought it would be. I cried a month before olivia was born thinking I was giving up a lot of one on one time with kolby but now I get to see him interact with a sibling and its tons of fun! by the way....what the $%#%#$#@ where is your belly?
So glad the baby is doing great! I'm so excited for you! Being a mother is amazing, isn't it!!
What a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. I haven't heard that lullaby before. It's such a sweet one! Thanks for sharing your sweet moment.
What a sweet lullaby for a sweet little boy. I love those tender moments. Thanks for sharing! :)
What a sweet story! I can't wait until I experience motherhood someday.
Post a Comment