Sunday, August 24, 2008

Catching Frogs

I caught my first real life wild frog yesterday in the wild. I was so proud of myself!! We went to the Mountain Man Rendezvous and then went for a walk down by the stream. And these frogs were every where in the grass! So we all tried to catch as many as we could.
I was sooo proud of myself!
Boys being boys. Kyler's reaction is better portrayed in the video clip at the end of this post.
Yep we even wanted Eldon to experience it . . . I don't think he loved it very much. Please don't turn us into Family Services.

14 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

I love it! That looks so fun :)

Alli said...

How cute are you guys! You do so much I think that is so awesome! I love frogs too! Your boys are adorable!

Erin Darrington said...

Oh my goodness what a cute laugh! I love it. Good luck regaining cell phone contact with the world.
Erin

Andrea :) said...

Nice catch! Did you kiss it? Oh, wait, that wouldn't be good. Besides you already have Travis. ;)

Jessica said...

i love it! Boys really love frogs, and good job catching one too, we're proud of ya!

Todd and Andrea Kestner Family said...

I love frogs, those are such cute pictures and I love the video!! Way to go at catching one yourself by the way!! Sorry I haven't commented in awhile, my internet was messed up.

My life in a blog said...

Hey, that is a good strategy to get 2 year olds to hold still...give them a frog! I LOVE that video, and I'm proud of you for holding a real live frog. I think I'm scared of them because of the weird colorful poisonous ones in S. America. Anyway, cute stuff Jen!

Alicia Bunderson said...

My husband grew up in Texas and loved catching frogs! He actually kept one once and took it home with him and had a pet. Last time we were in Texas that was one of the first things he wanted to do...catch a frog!

Deanna said...

You are hilarious! i'm still laughing about the family services comment! I hear you with the potty business...Tanner has been 'fired' from using the bathroom for that reason. He can stay in diapers until Kindergarten! LOL!

Christine said...

This brought back memories!!! I use to have to take Travis to a local pond while he fished for frogs. He was an amazing frog catcher! He would bring them home and put them in this HUGE fish tank. He had so many frogs stuffed in that thing. That was his favorite passtime the last 2 years I lived at home. Travis was about 10 or 11. Good memories. I loved the video of Kyler he was so excited about frog catching. Next time Travis you'll have to give him the frog pole,it is funny when they are flug out of the pond and they go flying. I was sad Jenni I missed your exciting call of your first frog catching. I hope you guys get a replacement phone VERY SOON! Hey Jenni frogs could be the new family pet ;)

Lauri said...

That video is hilarious! How fun to catch frogs. And I love the fact that eldon got in on the action too.

Wardles said...

Way cute! how fun!

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

I love the video, and the picture of the baby with a frog on his face! That's funny!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, love the picture of the frog on the head. That was great. Check out our blog, we have a frog post as well.
Becky