Monday, August 25, 2008

cell phone + bathroom + Kyler = diaster

Just the other day I sent Kyler to go to the bathroom . . . when I heard his "Mama all done." I didn't think anything was out of the ordinary. It was when I walked into the bathroom and saw his face that I knew something was up. He pointed down and said "Phone Mama!" And yep there was my phone at the bottom of the tank.


Not an actual picture of the event. If my phone was this nice I would have been even more upset!!

So if you were planning on calling me any time soon, please refrain, emailing is the best option as of right now. And if any of you are in the market for a boy who is a champion at throwing phones in the toilet please feel free to email me right away! Just kidding I would never give Kyler away!

10 comments:

Familia Morales said...

That's so funny! I couldn't send Annaleise to the bathroom by herself--she'd end up eating a whole tube of toothpaste or emptying an entire bottle of shampoo on the floor. Don't you just love fishing stuff out of the toilet? Good thing he's so cute!

Jessica said...

haha, yesterday at our house it was a whole roll of toilet paper and from watching my little sister, that does not go down without flooding the whole house...so I went in and grabbed it all out. But toilet paper does not make phone calls so you got us beat on this one =)

Ashley Wray said...

That is too funny, well sort of. Rylee through mine in the kitchen sink and I found it later as I was doing the dishes. Luckily just the battery was ruined instead of the phone, but still, such a pain! Loved your frog pictures, that one of Eldon is priceless!

Todd and Andrea Kestner Family said...

I hate toilett disaters. They are still happening to me. Alaina threw all of my tampons in the toilett last month. Plus currently in the boys bathroom there is a marble that just keeps rolling around in there. I haven't felt like going in and fishing it out yet. Mostly I don't know what they put down the toiletts. Anymore its just hey mom the toilett isn't working! When I ask them what they did they give me that blank stare, what me do something. Anyway sorry about the phone!! It is so infuriating to have your kids ruin things, yet usually all you can do is take a deep breath and move on. Sounds like you handled it like a champ.

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

I completely understand the no phone situation. Allison broke mine is 2 pieces! Good luck!

The Stone's said...

Ours was a remote... so sorry about the phone! What is it that makes a toilet so inviting to electronic devices?

Jodi said...

Ewwww! It is funny to read about, but I can imagine it wasn't funny when it happened. My husband is so mild manored and never gets worked up about anything EXCEPT when little boys put things down the toilet. I guess he has had to completely remove the whole toilet to get stuff out. Not pretty!

Alli said...

hahaha.. I have to laugh! I love children!! DId he go potty and then drop it..?? That would be fun to fish that out.. haha

Lauri said...

My friend dropped her phone in the toilet once without the help of her 2 year old! Amazingly it still worked after it dried out!

Anonymous said...

Not only do I have toilet disasters with my kids I have them with David as well. David flushed Brennans underwear done the toilet. I've been waiting for it to back up but nothing has happened yet so I think where safe. Deep Breath is what I have to keep telling my self