Monday, August 18, 2008

Unfortunate Event

Well in an effort to make her experience in Evanston memorable we took my mother-in-law bowling. Everything was going well- the competition was fierce-

The Pro- Travis


The Experienced- Mom


The Team- Kyler and Me


It was an intense game, I'm not going to lie. Mom was in the lead and this is how the game ended. Yes, she broke her arm. Slipping down the lane after her ball she went down on her arm. So the game ended in a visit to the ER, another tourist place in Evanston, where they found the break. She is now sporting a wonderful pre-cast. We do feel so bad that it happened!! She has been so great about it and we hope that it heals fast.

11 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Your poor mother in law, but what a sport, she's still smiling! That will definetly make for a good story in a few years!

Anonymous said...

Your poor MIL!! That sounds like something that would happen in my little life! I hope she heals fast!

Valerie said...

Oh no! I am sorry that happened. Good to see her in good spirits though. I will have to check up on her on the family website.

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

Oh, no! I hate it when things like that happen! I hope she is feeling better!

Erin Darrington said...

Bowling isn't for sissies! When Jacob and I were still dating my mom came up to visit me in Rexburg. The three of us decided to go bowling. My mother - a good and decently experienced bowler - hurt her knee bad enough that she ended up having to have surgery on it when she got back to Boise, she could barely drive home. So beware all ye that mock bowling and say that it isn't a sport, the bowling gods may frown upon you! I hope your mother in law gets well soon!
Erin

Alli said...

Oh my goodness.. I am so sorry that has happened. I hope it heals fast!

Alicia Bunderson said...

oh that stinks! Sorry for your MIL...at least she was winning right...

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Poor thing that is sad! That is SO something that I would do tho, that's why I don't bowl ;) I hope she gets better soon, at least she has an awesome story to tell!

Dalling Family said...

You have to add a little adventure in there somewhere right? Jk Too bad! Hope she recovers quickly!

Lauri said...

What are the odds? I'm sorry that had to happen. But at least she was winning when it did!

Todd and Andrea Kestner Family said...

ouch.