Friday and Saturday was the Stake Father and Son Campout. Travis was so excited to take Kyler on a little camping overnighter. Unfortunately Travis didn't get off work until almost 8:00 but they got there and got their tent up before it was too dark. They had a camp fire and a testimony meeting, which Kyler spent the whole time going around giving everyone "high-fives" and "knuckles". And when he wasn't doing that he was tapping the people in front of him and waving at them when they turned around.
Both Travis and Kyler seemed to have such a good time but came home on Saturday exhausted and ready for a nap. I'm so glad that they could have some "man" time together and that I could have an evening to myself so that I could do . . .the laundry and clean house. But never fear I did paint my toenails in the effort to do something girly while the men folk were away!
9 comments:
It always seems like when the husbands are gone for a night we get so excited because we get to do what we want to do...then we always end up cleaning and doing the laundry!! oh well at least we can feel like we've accomplished something right? Good job on doing something for yourself and painting your toe nails!!
Your son looks so cute! What a fun thing for Travis to do too. So did you end up cleaning and doing laundry like Alicia said?
My boys look forward to the father son campout every year. They have alot of fun bonding with papa. Travis has looked forward to these kinds of father son things for a long time I glad the time has finally come. He is doing the pre-scout thing now but don't blink because he will soon be taking his 12 year old. I end up cleaning as well when they all leave, but it is so refreashing not to have anyone under my feet while I'm doing it! Painting nails is a great reward...it just needs to come with a personal masseuse too.
Very cool! Always good for the boys and there dad to get away for a night!
Sounds like a lot of fun! And I understand how you just seem to do the cleaning when they are away. Dave was on a scout camp this last weekend, and all I did was yard work and house work. I am glad you got to put your feet up and painted your nails though.
Sounds fun. way to paint two nails! (: Jed went to the father son campout as a representative of the young men presidency. Yours sounded more fun, with your hilarious little boy. I'd love to meet him some day
-Laura
That's just adorable! What a cute dad!
How fun! Good for your hubby! Not too many would do that. Kyler sounds like such a stud! It just seems like he has the cutest personality. I would love to meet him! Oh, and my address is 7937 Cold Stone Ln, West Jordan, Ut 84088
What a fun little activity and Travis is so good to take Kyler along even though he is so "little." What a good daddy! And I am glad you could get some much needed rest as well. That is always good for a growing mommy!
Post a Comment