Friday, June 20, 2008

2 Plus Weeks and Another Blow to the Head

Well the time is clicking down and thankfully we are almost there to meeting Eldon! The past doctors appointments have informed us that things have already started in motion and it could be any time in the next few weeks. We are so excited to welcome our new addition! But we've also been trying to savor the time we have left with our one little man. Kyler is so great. As we were reading stories today he leaned over and put his arm around my neck and reached up and gave me a kiss. It was so tender! I love how sweet and thoughtful he is! I'm not quite sure how the dynamics are going to change once we bring Eldon home, but I hope Kyler will always know that we love him and how much he means to us!
Also just a few days ago Travis was working on a project at work when something snapped and hit him in the head. It just seems like he is a magnet for head injuries lately. Thank goodness this was no big deal but how bizarre to have two head injuries in a matter of weeks. (The red mark is where it hit)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really cute picture of him with your tummy!

ps. Tell Travis to bring a helmet to work... he needs it!

Alli said...

oh my gosh.. I love the tummy hug. How adorable is that!! Your husband needs to wear a helmet all day long!! haha. Good luck with the baby!!

Wardles said...

Well, it sounds like to me that there is no way that Kyler won't know how much you two love him. Your little family is so adorable and I'm so excited for you! Way cute picture! And hopefully, Travis won't get anymore head injuries! Sheesh!

The Harding Hive said...

Oh Jenni. Kyler is so cute. The dynamics of your family will change but it will be so fun. If your new baby is as cute as this little guy, you are going to have lots of great times. Good luck!

Jewls said...

I love that picture of you and Kyler! You are such a cute mom! I can't wait to see pics of your new babe!

Lauri said...

How exciting! Any day! I love that picture of Kyler and your tummy. So sweet!

Deanna said...

Oh, the joys of having two children! Really, the good moments out-weigh the frustrating ones!

Are you guys having a boy or a girl?

And I love the picture of the hug. That is so precious!

Christine said...

Yeah, I can't wait to meet Eldon either. You will have fun with two little ones the joy just doubles. I also really like the belly hug! Boy I think the others that commented on the helmet for Travis is good advice. I'm glad that it didn't hit any higher than it did and that he is ok.

Anonymous said...

How exciting - I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the new baby!

Camie and JD said...

Your family is so cute! Good luck with the new little one.

jed-laura said...

Kyler is adorable, He'll be a great big brother. Keep us posted on the changes. Funny about the head injury though. miss you guys.
-Laura

Vudochki said...

In reply to your question about getting your soon arriving little one to sleep like Mckenzie, well I think it comes down to when she was first born. She was in the NICU for awhile and they are very set on a schedule. They feed at every three hours and so forth. Ever since she's been totally set on a schedule and routine and SHE doesn't like to get off it. Sadly, I can never get Abby on a schedule. I do know that my brother-in-law stays up the first couple of days with his little ones and doesn't let them sleep much and somehow that got their children to sleep through the night thereafter. Though, I'm not sure what to think of that...I wish you luck. You've made it longer in your pregnancy than I ever have! Hang in there. You're almost done!

Jessica said...

my goodness will you make that boy wear a helmet!!! And I love that pic of Kyler on your belly...too sweet. Good luck in the next little while and hopefully as goes well. You two are wonderful parents and I'm sure Kyler will always know he's loved.

Steph and Adam Robison said...

I am so excited for little Eldon.. you must post pictures as soon as possible (after he is born). Anyways, we will be in Utah this weekend, but the whole family will be there. But we will be there again the weekend of July 19. Lets try to get together then. Sorry this is so long. I lost your e-mail address.

Wilson's Wisdoms said...

Well Travis, I guess we always knew you were thick-headed - haha!

I was once knocked unconscious while playing softball too - by the ball!

Ashley Wray said...

Poor Travis, he just must be a walking target! Love the picture with Kyler hugging your belly, he is so ready to be a big brother! Can't wait to see some pics as soon as baby #2 is here!

Todd and Andrea Kestner Family said...

I remember being a little sad before Hunter was born. I knew things would never be the same. I missed that long before Hunter was even born. I spent a lot of extra time with him.

It was great to see Dallin and how excited he was to have a companion. That made it nice to begin with. Things did change but in a good way. The picture with Kyler and you reminded me of that.

I actually got that feeling in a smaller degree with each of my babies. I knew that they would no longer be my baby.